Anyone else buying gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
When you start seeing adverts on TV, the general sheeple buying, you know it is time to get out.

Gold isn't going to double from here- no way José!

i would agree, but then again no one said it would double from £300 for a coin and now it's at £650... if the goverments start printing more money or throwing money into the system people will again turn to gold, which will push the price up. I do agree but part of me thinks it might just keep going up

Caporegime
nah i think it will level out very soon. been closly linked with gold and metals all my life. i would be selling now not buying.

silver waste of time.

Associate
It's a possibility, but you have to be objective of the fact that its value could very well decrease. It's human nature to want a piece of the action when you hear stories of people around you making large returns. It's that urge that makes seemingly rational people invest in things like Pyramid schemes. If I had to invest money now, now that we are slowly clawing our way out of the recession, I would be looking at other commodities to invest in as their values increase as the economy gets back on track.

Note I'm not comaring the risk of investing in gold with investing in a Pyramid scheme! (Unless you're the one starting it!)

Soldato
OP
i agree and think i missed the boat, i had been watching the price of gold for a few months and have seen a steady rise, but also need to hold my hand up and say i should have moved quicker.

Soldato
It's a possibility, but you have to be objective of the fact that its value could very well decrease. It's human nature to want a piece of the action when you hear stories of people around you making large returns. It's that urge that makes seemingly rational people invest in things like Pyramid schemes. If I had to invest money now, now that we are slowly clawing our way out of the recession, I would be looking at other commodities to invest in as their values increase as the economy gets back on track.

Note I'm not comaring the risk of investing in gold with investing in a Pyramid scheme! (Unless you're the one starting it!)

liquid gold.

Price of petrol has went from 1.07 to 1.41 here in belgium over the summer. :(

daz

daz

Soldato
Kazakhmys and all the other mining companies will probably be on the up as demand for raw materials ramps up, but they will only grow so long as the price of oil doesn't impede their operations (as it started to do a year ago).

Caporegime
Well the experts are saying that the worst of the economic crisis is over, of course these are these are the same experts that only a few years ago were advising people to buy stocks in Lehman Brothers etc.

With governments printing money willy nilly and prices soaring I don't think investing in gold is a bad decision, it's certainly better than having the money sittting in the bank becoming devalued.

Soldato
Thing is once the economy starts to recover and all these investors want to cash in and sell their gold, the prices will drop due to over supply.

Soldato
The are arguments for and against holding gold... no one knows for sure what'll happen. I tend to hold around 5% of my total wealth in gold. It's always a good idea to be diversified.

Soldato
If you want precious metals.....try

Rhodium (£10,000 a year ago - now $760 and rising) Palladium or Osmium.
Gold has had it's day & is pretty chavvy compared to other rare earth metals which tend to shine a lot better ..;) And all of the above will be getting important as we more heavily depend on everything electronic (semiconductors etc) - whereas gold is past it's saturation point.... and as stated above - it's now time for the generations to start trading it in or melting their own family heirlooms down for trendier designer rings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom