Anyone else had a handwritten letter from the JW recently?

Permabanned
The 'h' in 'he', when referring to God should be capitalised. Unnecessary comma after 'tears'. So much unnecessary capitalisation. I suppose we should Praise the Lord there's no unnecessary apostrophes. Half the forum could learn from the JWs :cry:

You should write back to them stating '4/10, see me' :D
I think that's their aim.... :)

Commissario
OP
Got another hand written one today.

XC2DoVm.jpeg

Commissario
I had a couple actually come to the door for about the first time in 3 years a week or so back, I answered it in my boxers as I'd only just pulled myself out of bed and thought it was a delivery.

I think I ended up with 3 or 4 of the letters in the end.

Underboss
This came through a few days ago addressed to 'The householder'.

CD27ehb.jpeg

I assume that because they're not allowed to go bashing on doors, they're writing letters to people.

If any of them knock here, they just get a polite "No thanks" and I close the door but I wonder how many people have received similar letters recently.

Please don't turn this into a pro or anti religion thread, I'm just interested to know how widespread this practise is.

/edit - I've also not used the full name so that if they regularly search for mentions then they won't find this thread ;)

Got another hand written one today.

XC2DoVm.jpeg

Err, I think they found you, you didn't hide it enough ;)

Caporegime
"Oh hi, I'm so glad you popped round, please do come in, I'll go and put the kettle on"

"Two sugars? Milk?"

"Please, have a seat, I just wanted to take a moment of your time to tell you all about satanism, have you heard of it?"

Commissario
"Oh hi, I'm so glad you popped round, please do come in, I'll go and put the kettle on"

"Two sugars? Milk?"

"Please, have a seat, I just wanted to take a moment of your time to tell you all about satanism, have you heard of it?"
lol

you say that, I still had a couple of Halloween decorations in the hall. My great niece (~2) visited just before Halloween and liked them, and then came round and was looking for them so I pulled them out of the spare room and they're sat where she can see them at least until i get the box of bits into the loft.

Soldato
They have heard everything, there really is nothing you can say to them.
Anybody would think they run off waving their arms in the air :)
If you want to get close to that reaction, tell them you used to be one. They're programmed to think that former disassociated or disfellowshipped members could be apostates.

Soldato
I've had them before where my address has been handwritten but the letter typed.

I suppose it depends if the individual JW has access to a word processor and printer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom