Anyone elses FF crashing regularly since updating?

Soldato
Recently updated to 1.5.0.7 (well, I didn't, FF did automatically) and now it's terrible. It'll either just randomly stop working and the toolbar won't respond (i.e. I click Bookmarks or Tools and no menu will appear) or it won't load up even though it shows in explorer as running. I have to end-task it and then it'll start up fine. This is just since it updated itself. :confused:

Anyone else had problems? I may try uninstalling and reinstalling it porperly. Never had any issues with it previously....

Cheers.

Soldato
Working fine here as well.

Probably best for you to re-install from scratch if you're getting issues as the update might have been corrupted for some reason? Maybe an extension that doesn't like the update?

Caporegime
Before you reinstall, try a new profile, and/or Firefox's safe mode (which will - temporarily - disable all your extensions).
It's more likely than not that you've got a corrupt file/dodgy extension hiding away that's causing most problems.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
I'm being insanely lame and geeky and running 3.0a1 "Minefield", as it is labled. (techically a 2.0 beta of some sort that has been labled to become 3.0).

Its got a nice new skin, very buggy though, as the name suggests :p

Caporegime
Firefox 2.0 (AKA Bon Echo) is currently at RC1. There should be an RC2 soon. As ever, Mozillazine is your friend...

Hxc said:
(techically a 2.0 beta of some sort that has been labled to become 3.0).

Not quite - Minefield's what will become 3.0. Most of the 2.0 checkins also go into the trunk (which is what Minefield is), but not all of the trunk checkins go into the 2.0 branch...

Last edited:
Soldato
Firegod said:
Recently updated to 1.5.0.7 (well, I didn't, FF did automatically) and now it's terrible. It'll either just randomly stop working and the toolbar won't respond (i.e. I click Bookmarks or Tools and no menu will appear) or it won't load up even though it shows in explorer as running. I have to end-task it and then it'll start up fine. This is just since it updated itself. :confused:

Anyone else had problems? I may try uninstalling and reinstalling it porperly. Never had any issues with it previously....

Cheers.

It's been fine for me.

Back
Top Bottom