Anyone gaming on Dell U2715H or U2515H

Associate
I'm thinking about getting the U2515H. I would use my 7950 with it & look to upgrade that soonish.

I use DVI with my 7950 but this monitor does not support that so would I be best using hdmi or min dp? And do they include a mini dp cable?

Cheers

Soldato
I'm thinking about getting the U2515H. I would use my 7950 with it & look to upgrade that soonish.

I use DVI with my 7950 but this monitor does not support that so would I be best using hdmi or min dp? And do they include a mini dp cable?

Cheers

There is supposed to be no difference between HDMI and DP on this monitor but on my MacBook there is a difference but I think this is down to my MacBook "seeing" the monitor as a TV when connected via HDMI, DP is fine.

For my PC I see no difference at all.

And to answer your last question, there is a DP to miniDP cable included - can be used either way around obviously as the monitor has DP and miniDP in so you can use it with a card that has only one of those inputs.

Soldato
I had a 2515 for a while and it was a great screen with no issues when gaming. I did however have to have it replaced at first as one side of the screen had a yellow tint on a white background.....

Associate
Did you get the U2515H then I take it? Interested as I fancy binning my 1080p asus for one. What did you come from again? Worth it going 1440p?

I did get it & I'm very impressed with the monitor & 1440p. The monitor I replaced was an Asus VH226.

These Dell monitors come with a factory calibration & a copy of the report. Can anyone confirm if this calibration is baked into the Standard setting? Or one of the other presets?

edit: it's ok I found the answer in a review
Initially out of the box the screen was set in the default 'standard' preset mode which carries the factory calibration discussed above

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi guys, sorry to resurrect and bump someone else's thread. I've ordered a U2515H and it should be here tomorrow. IS there anything to look out for like a revision number or glow or anything. It's like my third monitor in 12 years, and the only one I've actually researched so any help and guidance much appreciated.

Associate
This thread might offer some insight.
But apart from the TFTC review
I didn't really find much discussion on this monitor (except here). I bought mine in August from ocuk & it's Rev A01 build date March 2015.

I would suggest watching the unboxing on youtube though as the packaging is.. fun:) Assembly is a doddle though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Great cheers guys. I have a GTX 780 that I assume will drive this fine? I'm a light gamer at best with some Starcraft 2 and BF4. That's about it.

I was running a 580 and 680 on the U2515H and it was fine. 580 struggled a bit in some recent games and the 680 managed to keep 60fps.

I did find that to get native resolution I had to use displayport connections. I tried DVI -> HDMI cables and couldn't get the display to show unless I used a custom resolution in windows. This meant I couldn't see anything until I had loaded the OS (No bios etc). I think it was more to do with the fact I had a mix of older GPU hardware and newer monitor tech.

Soldato
I was running a 580 and 680 on the U2515H and it was fine. 580 struggled a bit in some recent games and the 680 managed to keep 60fps.

I did find that to get native resolution I had to use displayport connections. I tried DVI -> HDMI cables and couldn't get the display to show unless I used a custom resolution in windows. This meant I couldn't see anything until I had loaded the OS (No bios etc). I think it was more to do with the fact I had a mix of older GPU hardware and newer monitor tech.

Probably something to with the DVI-HDMI adapter you were using. I have this monitor and I can get Native 2560x1440 on Displayport AND HDMI no problem - from both my GTX 770 and Macbook Pro.

Soldato
Well it's just arrived and I'm using the included DP to mDP cable. Despite being only 1 inch bigger than my old one it's a revelation. It's like seeing everything again for the first time.

It's beautiful. Right timee to start saving for a second one!

Back
Top Bottom