anyone get a phone contract to sell the phone?

Soldato
I'm not a fan of contracts... I'd much prefer to pay for the phone outright and be done with it.

However, I've just taken a 2 year contract out on a phone because it actually worked out cheaper. As far as I can tell anyway.

£26 a month for 2 years - £624

For it to be cheaper to buy the phone outright I'd have to find a pay as you go deal which allowed unlimited data, and more than enough texts/calls, for £8.90 pm or less which I haven't found.

Associate
This is the closest I can get, brand new top end phone, 2000 minutes, 5000 texts and unlimited data for £29.75 a month.

That isnt an unlimited plan :p

Have you had that repaired at all?

Suprisingly, no. I did get my charging port replaced at one point as i picked up my phone when it was on charge not realising and yanked the lead out which made the connection dodgy.

How did you manage that? :eek:

Lots of texting and phonecalls :p Not too bad these days with imessages and so forth anyways.

In 2 years anything could happen. 5g may come out and your stuck in a still 3g priceplan

Permabanned
[TW]Fox;24608670 said:
It 'works' but it's against the T&C's and at any point they'll work out how to turn it off. Meanwhile, you are still stuck in a contract, not a risk I wanted to take.

Rubbish! They can turn off tethering on contract iOS devices, I've use 10s of GBs in tethering my iPad to my phone and T-Mobile haven't batted an eyelid

Caporegime
Checked that site. Offered me a HTC Desrie C at £10 a month/24 months. Once I'd stopped laughing and picked myself of the floor, I tried narrowing the phone choices.

iPhone 5 or Android equivalent was £99 upfront for the handset and at least £32 a month.

Try searching for more than one phone...

Associate
You couldnt tether lasy year but they rechanged it back so you could. For a time I wasnt able to tether when I was actually in a contract. It was only when I went onto the full monty that I could, and I didnt alter anything on my phone for this to work.
http://www.zdnet.com/t-mobile-quietly-removes-tethering-for-its-unlimited-data-plans-7000003081/

Tmobile have a weird fair usage. My friend has internet only sim and all he does is go into airplane mode and back out when they restrict him and hes back to full speed

Back
Top Bottom