Anyone got an S.A.D light lamp.

Soldato
I think I have S.A.D as it is, and now that i've just broken up with the girl I was seeing it's just made me even more glum. Think i'm going to invest in one of these to see if it can help my mood!

Soldato
Personally I think it's a case of mind over matter. I'd expect them to have some kind of placebo effect, but as I've not tried them, I can only hope they work.

If I had the spare cash I'd give it a go myself to see if it helps with the days you just can't be bothered.

As I said, I'd like to think it's just mind over matter and if we really wanted to, we'd just shake it off with willpower, but if you're feeling particularly carp, you can't be bothered to force any feeling lol

Soldato
OP
I dont believe there is much, the principle is based on a bulb giving off light as close as possible to the 6500k range, however the difference between the two as far as i can work out is that proper s.a.d lights are designed to kick out a minimum of 2500 lux to simulate the sun (which on a bright day is closer to 100,000) where a standard bulb only kicks out nearer 500.

Soldato
I worked two things out from this thread, I still dont know much about SAD lights and I want to take secretspy out, but not with a large calibre rifle, ;).

aww you know that has actually cheered me up :) Least someone is showing interest in me! ;)

Some interesting feedback from those who have used them, all very useful for helping me to decide whether to get one, thanks :)

Soldato
I had bought one from germany via ebay a few years ago and it costs only £45ish. It worked very well, I don't use it in the summer but it is still very useful for the winter. Its also great while working on your computer.

After trying it out, try to turn it off then switch back the normal lighting, you will be shocked to see the difference. The dullness of standard lighting is unbelieveable especially in the winter!

Back
Top Bottom