• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone got the 1G HD2900XT yet ?

Associate
Hi,

No bickering about ATI/Nvidia please.

I just want to know if theres any improvements from the 512 2900XT and the 1 Gig 2900Xt and if so what resolution did the improvements show ?

I haven't got one, but you have to watch out comparing scores as the iGB modelas have different clockspeeds that also cause a difference in performance.

I think there will only be a difference at extreme resolutions and settings, something like >1600*1200, 8xAA, 16xAF

Aren't there any reviews online of the 1GB card?

iv clocked my 2900XT 512mb from stock memory to 2000mhz, and games dont use the extra bandwidth at all.

but the 1gb card will be great when future games come out that utilise every bit of bandwidth, the 1gb card will clock a hell of a lot higher than the GDDR3 card because it has looser timings, but compairing 1650mhz GDDR3 to 2000mhz GDDR4 is pretty much the same speed because the GDDR4 timings are looser, its only if you overclock it that it will beat the GDDR3 card because it can clock a lot higher anyway :)

Now that i don't have a gtx, im still waiting for reviews on the 1 GB card.

So basically no game atm takes advantage of it ? and when those games do come along, newer cards will be out !!

Kinda suprised there are no proper reviews for this card yet, I would have thought all the regular review places like HardOCP / TweakTown / Xbitlabs etc would have had them for review by now.

slightly off topic but does anyone know how to calculate memory bandwidth?

I managed to get my 7900GT memory @ 920mhz(1840 effective) stable after putting on my zalman vf900 and ramsinks...just curious what the bandwidth rating is like?

Back
Top Bottom