Anyone had their VISTA EXPRESS UPGRADE or ALTERNATE MEDIA Discs?

Associate
Hi guys

Just a quick thread to find out if people have been getting their vista express upgrade discs and how long the waiting time has been? the Moduslink website said my discs had been "shipped" on Feb 14th. Had no confirmation email etc, just looked on the web. I've been billed (twice! - yet to complain about that) and am still waiting for the discs...

Also, ordered alternate media for another vista and had the email from microsoft direct saying its been shipped, on the 15th of Feb. Still waiting for that too.

Is a week far too long to wait for shipping, seeing as thats all im meant to be paying for is "shipping and handling" and they've done all the handling and it "should" (touch wood) be here!?!

Just wondered how long shipping was for other people. :)

Deviousdragonuk

GTO

GTO

Associate
I found this the other day. It's supposed to be a method for getting a clean install from an upgrade disc.

I don't have Vista so I have no idea if it works.

1 Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD and start the setup program.

2 When prompted to enter your product key, DO NOT enter it. Click "Next" and proceed with setup. This will install Windows Vista as a 30-day trial.

3 When prompted, select the edition of Vista which you have purchased and continue with setup.

4 Once setup has been completed and you have been brought to the desktop for the first time, run the install program from within Windows Vista.

5 This time, type in your product key when prompted.

6 When asked whether to perform an Upgrade or Custom (advanced) install, choose Custom (advanced) to perform a clean install of Vista. Yes, this means that you will have to install Vista for a second time.

7 Once setup has completed for the second time, you should be able to activate Windows Vista normally. You can also delete the Windows.old directory which contains information from the first Vista install

Associate
Rebelius said:
took about a week for my 64bit DVD to come - came 2nd class royal mail.

they are charging me £14 for p+p! I sent my receipt via e-mail and haven't had a reply and my order doesn't say shipped yet.

how long did it take you before they updated the orders page?

Associate
I recieved my alternative media 64 bit DVD about a week ago, it took about a week from getting the e-mail saying that it had been shipped, the cost was £7.88, i have just ordered a second alternative media 64 bit DVD as i have two 32 bit Vista DVDs and i wanted a second 64 bit DVD as a backup, the cost for the second one was also £7.88.

Associate
OP
Hitman,

What version of Vista have you ordered?

I wonder if they are charging different amounts for different versions, even though it is meant to be shipping and handling and its just a DVD!

Ive ordered Home Premium on the express upgrade and its £10.06.

Soldato
^

This thread is already bigger and had more replies.

Received shipped email on the 15th, still nothing has turned up yet.

At least their not as bad as modus link :mad: dont even get me started on them!!! bunch of "ends bell" they really are.

Associate
OP
Skyline said:
you are lucky... I have 30+ Upgrade forms here for our company... I have emailed the company several times but no reply!

Have you tried calling them? I believe there is a moduslink telephone number somewhereon the forums floating about?

Order form for Express Upgrade was sent off 5th Jan, and says "order shipped" 5weeks later and yet the delivery is still taking over an additonal week!

Wouldnt surprise me if the alternate media arrives in the post before my vista disc, even though it was shipped after it!

I just want my vista!!, is it too much to ask!

Soldato
Calling them?
Just done it- Joke.
Submitted my Vista upgrade order on Jan 17th, and e-mailed them the reciept twice. No sign of any activity whatsoever :rolleyes:
Then I call them- "We are very busy, and do not know when your form will be processed"

Would ringing IBM give any more joy do you reckon?

-Leezer-

Associate
My upgrade is with acer. I rang them up today. the guy said, they won't reply to proof of purchase emails and assured me, I am def. in the queue and mine will be sent out within 4 to 6 weeks. :eek: how come P+P differs? mine cost £14!

By the way, my current os is: WIN XP Media centre and hoping to get Vista Home Prem 32 bit.

Associate
OP
hittman said:
My upgrade is with acer. I rang them up today. the guy said, they won't reply to proof of purchase emails and assured me, I am def. in the queue and mine will be sent out within 4 to 6 weeks. :eek: how come P+P differs? mine cost £14!

By the way, my current os is: WIN XP Media centre and hoping to get Vista Home Prem 32 bit.

I dont know mate! I bought the OEM Win XP Media Centre too and requested Vista Home Premium 32bit and its charged at £10.06. including vat too!
I smell something not quite right here!!!

Leezer -
Whats the moduslink telephone number u used dude? im gonna need it to say they've billed me twice!

Cheers

Deviousdragonuk

Associate
deviousdragonuk said:
I dont know mate! I bought the OEM Win XP Media Centre too and requested Vista Home Premium 32bit and its charged at £10.06. including vat too!
I smell something not quite right here!!!

Leezer -
Whats the moduslink telephone number u used dude? im gonna need it to say they've billed me twice!

Cheers

Deviousdragonuk

Soldato
WOW... They were usefull... :rolleyes: Another call center...

Basically they want me to creat a spreadsheet with the Serial numbers of the machines, COA's, current O/S, Upgrade to OS, contact details etc... Then Email it AND fax it to make sure i get a better "Chance" in getting it sorted...

YEY!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Associate
I'm looking to build a new system myself and get an OEM version of XP Media Center. It apparently comes with an upgrade voucher but I have no idea if its possible to use it unless you're a registered system builder?

Anyone here simply bought the OEM version yourselves and received a copy of Vista?

Associate
OP
number41

Yeah mate, thats what i did, bought OEM XP MCE2005 just after xmas. Sent the order form of and emailed photocopies and everything went fine (albeit slow). You dont need to be a system builder, and also you no longer needed to have bought hardware with the Operating System. When you go to register the OEM XP MCE 2005 on moduslink's website, whatever you do DONT use the "BACK" button on I.E. as it causes problems:)
When you do register, you get asked to enter a model and serial number, i think it also says below that if its a custom build just enter in "0" or "1" or something similar.

JonRohan

I'm at 6weeks and counting......
4weeks to process and i'm told it takes 4-6 weeks for delivery! so what, April by the time i get it!?!

Rang moduslink today and said "oi" u billed me twice, it says shipped on the website and where is it. Apparently they take a long to arrive in the post because its comming from the Netherlands. And ref the "double billing" they said the system would "automatically credit my card back in the future".

I called up mastercard and said i do not recognise one of the transactions from moduslink, only 1 of them, and so they are investigating.

All fun n games at the moment!

Deviousdragonuk

Back
Top Bottom