Anyone have parking wars with their neighbours?

Soldato
This thread is ideally suited to those who are working class and must tolerate life without a driveway and/or garage.

It's quite funny how anal some of my neighbours can be. As soon as I move the car or van, a neighbour will move their car across into my spot, or move their car a few metres to be able to fit their partners car in aswell as theirs once they return from work.

Does anyone have any beef with their neighbours due to on street parking?

Soldato
OP
In our house we have 3 cars and only room enough for 2 cars on the driveway. We live in a cul-de-sac and there is someone that lives in the next road over who decides he can park 2 of his cars and his van in our road, Also put 2 cars on his driveway. Not bad considering only 2 adults and his kids live in his house.

I asked him would he mind if I could park close to my house as I have my ICT business and work from home and bring a lot of machines to my house to work on. The responce was a suprise to me really... "First come first served", Well ever since that we put a car in the road as soon as the first person gets home and put the other 2 on the driveway.

To top it all off his young kids come and play football in our road outside our house and I've lost count of the marks I have found on my car from hits ( I know footballs dont damage cars but I dont like cleaning the marks off ). I approched him about this and he replied "You could park somewhere else".

You should give this guy a call.

Yes, we have parking wars on our street. Sometimes it can be quite amusing.

There is one guy who lives on our street. He owns a transit van aswell as a car. He doesn't like parking either outside his own house as there is a tree so regularly parks everywhere else if he can.

One Friday he parked his van next door but one to me. The neighbour in question was expecting a large delivery of furniture so went over and politely asked if he would mind moving his van whilst they deliver. There were other spaces avaialble on the street but he declined.

My neighbours son was not too pleased with the response so that evening whilst on the way home from the pub, deflated all four of his tyres and went to bed. Saturday morning we wake up and find the van man is pumping his tyres back up. This takes sometime and we are having a bit of a laugh about it behind the curtains. He finishes his tyres and again leaves his van parked outside their house.

Saturday night, the neighbours son comes home from the pub, see's the van is still not moved so puts his chinese takeaway on top of the van, goes inside to fetch the stanley knife. Slashes all four of his tyres.

Sunday morning arrives and we find the van man now has a mobile tyre fitter out replacing his tyres. He moves the van this time.

The hilarious part of it was. Sunday night in the local pub is Karaoke. The van man and neighbours son are both in. The neighbours son goes on Karaoke and starts singing Jordan Sparks - No Air.

He doesn't park his van outside their house anymore.

Back
Top Bottom