Anyone here a 'juicer' (obliterating fruit/veg into a drink)?

I got a Vitamix last Christmas. It's pricy, but brilliant. In seconds it will pulverise entire fruits into liquid - literally no bits. The blades are slightly blunted so it smashes the heck out of them. You can put raw vegetables in with some stock and because it spins so fast the friction will turn it into hot steaming soup in five minutes. Sadly I mainly use it to make blended margaritas but it does make excellent smoothies too. Washing it is easy as well - half fill it with cold water, add a drop of washing-up liquid and blend for ten seconds. Clean. You can even put roasted peanuts in it and in less than a minute have delicious peanut butter. Highly recommended!

Old post I know, but are there any cheaper recommendations than a Vitamix? I just can't stomach (hurhur) the cost of one.

Well from what I'm reading the smoothie needs more energy to digest, and no fibre means more nutrients are absorbed.

I don't know though - which is why I asked the question.

I've got a kenwood smoothie2go and it just seems a bit crap really.

The blending unit isn't really big enough to make a lot in one go, and the travel mug is rubbish.

It also doesn't seem to blend things that well...

Your fear of fruit and veg likely stems from early childhood experience, seek some councilling.

You'll not have a healthy diet until you can get over your fussy eating quite simply.

And yes I did just spec you a psychiatrist in a blender thread.

Well from what I'm reading the smoothie needs more energy to digest, and no fibre means more nutrients are absorbed.

I don't know though - which is why I asked the question.

I don't think so. sounds like hippies quoting hippies, fiber would probably help digestion of nutrients.

Buy a juicer if you want fresh juice / want to do juice fasting.

Buy a blender high power so it least crush ice with easy, throw all your veg in hold your nose and down it.

Then in 3 month's when had enought least you can add ice cream and various chocolate bars for milkshakes.

Just brought a http://www.sanaproducts.eu/product/sana-juicer-euj-707/

a lot of money i know but after watching a lot of youtube vids seems you get what you pay for.
Slow juicers are far better then the normal fast juicers as they dont oxygenate the juice or heat it up. We will see how it goes, atm i rarely eat fruit or veg so its going to be a shock for my system i bet, hope not too windy lol

I bought a Nutri-Ninja a while back (for about £70) as I felt like getting some more fruits & veggies so that I could eat a little healthier, and it has turned into an obsession.

It's not a juicer; they call it a 'nutrition extractor' as unlike juicers and lesser smoothie makers, it's got the grunt to smash them up whole, so you can put oranges, apples, pineapple and whatever you like into it and it will pulverise them into a pulp, meaning that they retain all of the fibre and good stuff.

My usual smoothie consists of a bananna, a kiwi fruit, an apple, some crispy kale/spinach, blueberries, pineapple, seeds and apple juice and it turns out pretty nice! Really quite filling too so I have it for breakfast. Would recommend!

Back
Top Bottom