Anyone planning a Dyno Day, or would like to go to one?

Soldato
When your bonnet is up is your tmic blocked?
No, but it will.be missing it's scoop to direct and pressurise air and also it's ducting to direct said air directly into the fins. A basic fan setup won't even touch it as they are all made to direct air to the cars radiator.

Been on three Dynos.
Every time car overheated

Soldato
No, but it will.be missing it's scoop to direct and pressurise air and also it's ducting to direct said air directly into the fins. A basic fan setup won't even touch it as they are all made to direct air to the cars radiator.

Been on three Dynos.
Every time car overheated

So leave the bonnet down, let the front facing fan do it’s job - it’ll direct the airflow towards the front of the car.

Also - if you’re wanting “pressurized” air, the velocity will decrease :)

Soldato
So leave the bonnet down, let the front facing fan do it’s job - it’ll direct the airflow towards the front of the car.

Also - if you’re wanting “pressurized” air, the velocity will decrease :)
Tried that too. Car still overheats. And bats go sky high causing it to dump fuel and kill power

Soldato

Well.... My car overheated on the last dyno day. First run was ok-ish, both runs after that power plummeted each time.

But that's not too say other dynos don't have better airflow without a TMIC redirect..

Buuuuut we really don't need to continue this debate. Diagro - there will be a choice of dynos again when I arrange later in the year. If you need to know which will support your car, how about you call around a few places and make some suggestions?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I was actually planning to start a thread this month.

Use this thread for some venue ideas, then I'll get a poll sorted for a voted for venue and we'll go from there.

OK that works. Preferably not Viezu again, I don't trust their dyno and the lack of converted printouts on the day was a bit of a joke.

Back
Top Bottom