Anyone playing Company of Heroes?

Associate
Hi guys,

I am looking at buying a couple of new games and was looking at the Company of Heroes game that has just been released. It seems to have received a good reception and I was just wondering if many people have played it and what your opinions were?

Cheers.

Associate
its an awsome game, love it to bits. only had it a short while, and have been blasting through the single player trying to learn the game. Going to get onto skirmishes and beat the comp, make sure i can properly, then going to move onto playing it online.

Soldato
I only sometimes play RTS games but im loving CoH at the moment, i really suck online but it is still good fun.

Just annoys me how someone on the same team as me in 2v2's can have an army twice the size of mine when it is basically shared resources, not sure what i am doing wrong.

I love the physics as well, the way buldings collapse, bodies have ragdoll and blood etc, its awesome

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
^ Indeed that annoyes me also :p fantastic game reccomended to any RTS fanatic :) i play a lot with my mate's online we have had great fun since its release!

Associate
I eventerly bit the bullet and got the full game after playing the demo, and am realy enjoying it.
One thing I didnt quite understand is in the demo you have the beach mission and then the defend the town mission, which I presumed would come straight after the beach mission in the full game also, but alas no sign of it.
Does this mission make an appearence later on in the game? You know the one where you have to defend the town hall, then you get overrun and have to defend the church untill able company arrives.

Associate
YoungBlood said:
I eventerly bit the bullet and got the full game after playing the demo, and am realy enjoying it.
One thing I didnt quite understand is in the demo you have the beach mission and then the defend the town mission, which I presumed would come straight after the beach mission in the full game also, but alas no sign of it.
Does this mission make an appearence later on in the game? You know the one where you have to defend the town hall, then you get overrun and have to defend the church untill able company arrives.

It does indeed come later on. I think it's only 2 or 3 missions into the game.

As for anyone playing the game. There are a "few" :p. I myself played the demo, loved it so pre ordered it. It's the first game I ever pre ordered.

Soldato
YoungBlood said:

Its the 4th mission. First is omaha beach, second i think it the level which is in the performance test, 3rd is assault on carentan, 4th is defending carantan.

Soldato
YoungBlood said:

That comes later :)

Hector said:

Cheers dude, ill check it out.

Soldato
Its an outstanding game and i think is right up there with RTW, If you ever played SHOWW2 then this is the game that we all wanted SHOWW2 to be.
Im only on the 2nd mission but im hooked already

Associate
YoungBlood said:

I have just done the capture carentan mission so I guess the demo level is next, the deffence of it :D Is it do-able without being pushed back to the church? What tactics did people use, only get I think it was 15mins to setup a good town hall defense and block off the bridges.
Im gonna try to mine field the bridges and set up some garasened (sp) buildings, realy wanna try to realy own the mission and not get pushed back to the church :cool:
Yes im having too much fun in a game I orginaly did not like at all :p

Soldato
Best game i have played in a long time, its sucked me straight in from the start!

Got a free copy of Dawn of War with it aswell which was a big selling point!

Soldato
Excellent RTS, but sadly a lot of players online are no gasping the concept of facing their front armour towards the bigger threats.
Making for easy wins as Axis, seeing as when I join a server Allies is allways taken. :(

Back
Top Bottom