Anyone shop at Aldi?

Permabanned
Went to Aldi yesturday. Never been before. Only went as I had 3 hours to kill in Plymouth.

Wow.

Basically, everything is 4-5x cheaper than Tesco and yet, not only do you get more of it (for example cereal boxes are filled all the way to the top and not halfway up like Frosties) but there aren't any E numbers or preservatives in any of the foodstuffs!!!!

I am thinking of shopping there from now on because a weekly shop for me is around £150 at Tesco and at Aldi that would cost me.... £30. + £10 more in fuel = £40. £110 saving per week...

Is there anything you cant get from Aldi that you have to get elsewhere?

The only downside seems to be that the carpark was full of old scrappers and the place is in Union Street, Plymouth (roughest part of town) so obviously I had to park my Audi in the middle of two bays to avoid doors slamming into it.

Soldato
Yeah one opened up in my town a few months ago. Quite a good shop and there meat is very good.

Can't go wrong.

Best Aberdeen Angus burgers I've ever had, 4 qtr pounders for £1.99 and their pistachio nuts are a 3rd of the price they are elsewhere.

Caporegime
Used to shop in Lidl at uni and it was bloody great.

100% pure fruit juice (dubious but what ever) 1.5L like £1 or something stupid. Fruit and veg very cheap and really good quality aswell, though in Wales I'm sure the apples came from that place with the forced immigrant labour but I like good quality cheap apples!

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I prefer Lidl but often there are a few things I like that has no comparison in Lidl and vice-a-versa so I normally have a cycle down to both on a Monday as they are only 400m apart from each other.

I still do my weekly "big shop" online but nip to Aldi/Lidl for top ups. I like thieir frankfurters, frickadellen, pasta bake sauces and fresh bread especially.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sgarrista
Commissario
Love Aldi, everything is generally very high quality.

They do frozen venison steaks as well, my god they're to DIE for. I have 2 freezer draws full because they wont be back now until a few months time.

Back
Top Bottom