Anyone shop at Aldi?

Permabanned
Went to Aldi yesturday. Never been before. Only went as I had 3 hours to kill in Plymouth.

Wow.

Basically, everything is 4-5x cheaper than Tesco and yet, not only do you get more of it (for example cereal boxes are filled all the way to the top and not halfway up like Frosties) but there aren't any E numbers or preservatives in any of the foodstuffs!!!!

I am thinking of shopping there from now on because a weekly shop for me is around £150 at Tesco and at Aldi that would cost me.... £30. + £10 more in fuel = £40. £110 saving per week...

Is there anything you cant get from Aldi that you have to get elsewhere?

The only downside seems to be that the carpark was full of old scrappers and the place is in Union Street, Plymouth (roughest part of town) so obviously I had to park my Audi in the middle of two bays to avoid doors slamming into it.

Permabanned
OP
Is this not the same op that had a moan about people using 2 parking bays for 1 car ...
No.
I did have a moan about someone who wasn't disabled parking their range rover in the gap between 2 disabled bays though. Maybe you are confused?

Permabanned
OP
Other than the sound, the hoe, the barbican and the beaches/cliffs around it. Not to mention Dartmoor and Cornwall just to the west. More interesting than London TBH...;)
I am sure all of those are really interesting in drizzly fog.

Permabanned
OP
Urgh, aren't poor people just disgusting?
No, but in my experience they have no respect for other peoples things because they are either jealous/envious or they simply don't know the meaning of value so they don't treat their posessions (cars) with the same care that rich people do.

Hence you see poor people driving vauxhall vectra mk1's with all of the doors caved in from opening them into other peoples Audis.

Hence parking in two bays!

Permabanned
OP
[TW]Fox;26614590 said:
Or the bright sunshine you'll find if you were to visit any of them right now.
I was there then, at 8pm, when it was foggy and drizzly, and later showed me how ineffective my current Bosch Aerotwins are.

Permabanned
OP
40% drop out rate at Aldi just at manager level.

The reason they pay so well is because Aldi as a corporation is so lean!

For example the Plymouth city store.... there are 4 conveyer belts IIRC but I have never seen more than 2 of them manned at once. So only 2 staff to pay for that role: but I have seen the manager sitting at the belt doing that role.

There must be about 4 members of staff in the whole store.

Compare that to tesco express, a smaller store but more staff in general.

Same up top in management, Tesco must have over 1000 levels of management, Aldi probably has about 20.

This is ultra efficient but as you can imagine not an ideal stress-free work environment.

Permabanned
OP
sounds like my local asda apart from the manager just hides around the store pretending hes busy.
Except Aldi manages tend to manage 4-5 stores at once too!

Must be a terrible job but pay you dues for 4 years and instead of accepting the 60k promotion, go somewhere else. Set up for life!

Permabanned
OP
In Tesco:

Staff > team leader > department manager > senior manager > store manager, and then your out of the individual stores to area and regional managers and then up to head office.

So unless there are 994 layers of management in head office, your talking guff.
How many different levels in head office?

How many different levels above head office (directors, non exec directors, etc in Denmark or wherever Tesco is based?)

Permabanned
OP
[TW]Fox;26627538 said:
You said levels. If you meant managers it made even less sense - there is no way a global firm like Aldi would have only 20 managers.
Unrelated: Were you in Plymouth earlier this evening?
I saw a very nice Grey 5** near Stonehouse.

Permabanned
OP
They have a rule that if there are more than two people waiting past the end of the belt, they open another till. This includes the manager if need be.
Well they don't abide by the rules because they day I started the thread, there were 8 of us queuing on my till and 7 people queuing on the other one; with 2 un-used tills.

Back
Top Bottom