anyone still go to/ like McDonald or Burger King?

Soldato
What are you telling me the bacon cheeseburger doesn't exist or is it not really bacon on it.
That seems a good point, so I googled it and, on McDonald's faq page, they say it's due to many of their restaurants not having grill space to have the beef and pork patties kept separate (for the benefit of Jewish and Muslim customers I would imagine: they don't specify)

Soldato
I remember the good old days of the burger van in the market. Burgers, jumbo sausages, bacon, eggs and onions all on the same griddle, no mucking about. Smell was heavenly too.
They still exist. My local car boot sale, which I guess probably isn't running thanks to Covid (the testing station is on the site, as much as anything else), always has a big truck with the massive hotplate grill and a mix of all the meats. The burgers are clearly severely low quality, but do taste great :D

Caporegime
They still exist. My local car boot sale, which I guess probably isn't running thanks to Covid (the testing station is on the site, as much as anything else), always has a big truck with the massive hotplate grill and a mix of all the meats. The burgers are clearly severely low quality, but do taste great :D
Seeing as they cost about 30p a burger, I shouldn’t imagine they’re Hawksmoor quality.

Soldato
Seeing as they cost about 30p a burger, I shouldn’t imagine they’re Hawksmoor quality.
I had a work colleague whose friend ran a burger van. Apparently, for posher events, country fairs and the like, he'd buy in the good quality burgers at about 50p each, but for boot sales etc he'd get in the cheap ones. At about 8p :D

This was 15+ years ago, so add in some inflation. But still, you've just got to not think too hard about those cheap ones!

Associate
Had my first McDonald's for years last week.

Had a sausage egg mcmuffin with a hash brown....I felt sick for most of the day!!

You must have eaten it wrong :p

I haven't had either in over a year, but I don't mind a sausage and egg mcmuffin and hash brown, or quarter pounder with cheese and fries. Sure, it's not haute cuisine but it is quite satisfying to knock back occasionally.

Back
Top Bottom