• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone with experience with Asus warranties?

Soldato
I'm considering buying a 1080ti off Gumtree and my chief concern is the warranty. Does anyone know what length warranty the Rog Strix originally came with (the seller says 2 years but for some reason my brain says 3) and if they will definitely 100% honour the warranty on a 2nd hand card?

Lastly, has anyone ever actually had to deal with Asus directly regarding a warranty?

Thanks

Caporegime
Asus is/was 3 years and I had to RMA once and it took near 6 weeks, although they did send a brand new GPU. The original buyer would have to deal with the RMA though (if it should be needed).

Soldato
Avoid mate. I've had nightmares with Asus, even as irignalo owner. Just Google Asus warranty in ocuk forums. I only bought my Vega 64 from ocuk, due to advanced RMA. ASUS literally have the worst warranty. No warranty on second hand items.

Man of Honour
Asus warranties are not transferable as any RMA has to go through the place of purchase. We can get around it in our MM because we can offer to help the buyer should anything go wrong. On the likes of Gumtree or Ebay you basically have no warranty.

Back
Top Bottom