• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AOC launches range of Freesync monitors starting from £99

Has anyone else notice its range? 48-76Hz That is a very small range and very poor IMO.

Needs to be atleast down the 30Hz
It is pretty poor, but for the price, it's not bad at all.

I think Nvidia's marketshare is going to really hold back Freesync for a good while. No matter how good or affordable a Freesync monitor is, it's only good if you've got an AMD graphics card. It's open technology, but ultimately still proprietary until Nvidia supports it.

I feel like Gsync has to really trail off before Freesync becomes something Nvidia are willing to support. Well, it's not how I feel, that's pretty damn obvious. And when is that going to happen? *How* is that going to happen?

Really annoying situation right now. I refuse to upgrade my monitor til this situation is sorted. I do not want to be locked into any GPU vendor just because of what monitor I own.

For £130 I might give it ago, I want to know if freesync/g-sync will make sub 60FPS feel smooth to me. If the range went down to 40Hz I think I would would buy without hesitation but 47Hz is quite high

While the specs aren't amazing it looks to be a step in the right direction. In a few years' time we should see something much better at the same price. I'd buy one if the range went down to 30Hz.

Yea i'm not arguing its a bad price but the range seems rather poor. Not sure what this is down too? Cheaper scaler or something?

Quite happy to admit I was wrong as I predicted the cheaper scalers wouldn't be able to do freesync... However it does throw up this issue, they are cheap for a reason and obviously don't do well when operating away from their native 60hz

The big question is What's the working range?

At 99 quid it's probably only working between 40 and 60.

Okay, I just read it, 48-76 Which is basically what the 21:9 models from LG where and that wasn't good enough. It needs to be around 30 and then it needs to work like G-sync does under that range.

I think its great we have now a sub £100 freesync monitor but at its range im not sure i see much point tbh! Also with it being a standard can't we get a standard working range too instead of a varying range. 48-76 is only 28 Hz difference and means you only have a 28FPS varying difference to be in. So unless you cap your game to run at 75FPS or something it's quite a strange range to keep your self in!

Also with it being a cheap monitor its only going to appeal to low to mid end gamers. These gamers don't generally aim to drive constant 50+FPS all the time which is what will be required to get in the range and stay there.

Less than a hundred quid for a 22" monitor with DisplayPort and HDMI (and VGA)? Even discounting the FreeSync side to the monitor, that's a pretty good deal, especially for those people looking to go multi-monitor as cheaply as possible as they won't need adapters.

I'm always in favour of more choice, even if it's not something I would personally use, so very excited by the prospect of bargain basement monitors coming with more than just a VGA connector and a 60Hz TN panel. :)

Back
Top Bottom