• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AOC launches range of Freesync monitors starting from £99

Less than a hundred quid for a 22" monitor with DisplayPort and HDMI (and VGA)? Even discounting the FreeSync side to the monitor, that's a pretty good deal, especially for those people looking to go multi-monitor as cheaply as possible as they won't need adapters.

I'm always in favour of more choice, even if it's not something I would personally use, so very excited by the prospect of bargain basement monitors coming with more than just a VGA connector and a 60Hz TN panel. :)

Same here, I'm on a 27" 60hz 1080p benq now so if I could get a 27" 60hz screen with Free-sync for under 200 quid, I'd get it just to try it out before I save up for a 3440 x 1440.

where do they come up with this rubbish. I hate it when they spout nonsense then dont explain what it actually does.

They just mean it's easier to read text for an extended period of time, blue light is what gives people headaches etc which is only really an issue when reading. Text mode is generally the dimmest brightness setting. This may not be dim, they may have just altered the light spectrum, but that's what it's all about anyway.

And guys this is like an entry level product, It's not the best and it's not trying to be ;)

Nvidia should simply Support the Adaptive Sync standard. Lets be frank here, there are no standards on Adaptive Sync Monitors because the standards are dictated by the monitor manufactures so every Adaptive Sync monitor variable refresh rate might be different in Range. That is fine. That is where G-Sync comes into play, G-Sync provides a standard across all G-sync monitors as well as the potential to have a higher variable refresh rate range and so Nvidia should advertise that and benefit while at the same time supporting the Adaptive Sync standard. It is simply a win-win for profit and consumer because as a Nvidia customer you can jolly well buy an Adaptive-Sync Monitor as well as a G-Sync monitor and not be locked on whether the monitor support freesync/adaptive-sync or G-Sync.

Last edited:
Great news for the 23 people who have AMD graphics cards ;)

But on a more serious note, very impressive and good to see. Worthwhile upgrade for anyone on a 22" monitor and using an AMD card.

It is pretty poor, but for the price, it's not bad at all.

I think Nvidia's marketshare is going to really hold back Freesync for a good while. No matter how good or affordable a Freesync monitor is, it's only good if you've got an AMD graphics card. It's open technology, but ultimately still proprietary until Nvidia supports it.

I feel like Gsync has to really trail off before Freesync becomes something Nvidia are willing to support. Well, it's not how I feel, that's pretty damn obvious. And when is that going to happen? *How* is that going to happen?

Really annoying situation right now. I refuse to upgrade my monitor til this situation is sorted. I do not want to be locked into any GPU vendor just because of what monitor I own.

With Intel voicing that it is looking to support adaptive sync, the ball is rolling nicely.

http://techreport.com/news/28865/intel-plans-to-support-vesa-adaptive-sync-displays

Nvidia will have little choice but to support it once it's all over the place. They will most probably keep G-sync - it's proprietary and they can add and remove features as they wish, control spec and quality rigorously. They might wait until they are sure their version has a strong enough competitive edge however, although their brand name may well be enough.

Last edited:
Crazy money. Is Freesync compatible with Nvidia?

Nvidia aren't compatible with Freesync, Freesync could be but Nvidia favor proprietary not open standards.

what humbug

People found way to whine about monitor that cost LESS THAN A ****ING GSYNC module ??

I think its awesome Monitor for the price !!!!

Agreed, DisplayPort and Freesync at this price is awesome value.

Do Nvidia actually bar manufacturers from integrating adaptive sync into g-sync monitors as it seems rather odd that no manufacturer has yet released a dual
freesync/g-sync monitor given that freesync is pretty much free. I think it's pretty ****** on the consumers personally, just reeks of a cash grab to lock customers into their brand.

With Intel now adopting adaptive sync into future products (cabby lake maybe?) I do wonder if it will shame Nvidia into supporting it also. They would have course loose much of their g-sync sales as adaptive sync would be enough for the majority of their current g-sync market.

The manufacturer would have to integrate two separate display controllers, as the G-Sync module replaces the scaler and other electronics. This is why G-Sync versions of displays usually have superior working ranges and refresh rates as the custom module can be tuned for the panel.

The gsync controller replaces the controller, so it would need a monitor with 2 controllers, which would actually add even more cost - there is a gsync monitor with 2 controllers, the only gsync monitor that has a HDMI and dvi port, but it doesn't look like it sold very well compared with the cheaper gsync only ones and not sure if its still available even

Back
Top Bottom