AOC u3477Pqu 34-Inch 3440 x 1440 Monitor

Soldato
Oh man!!!!

Monitor arrived today, and as others have said it is massive :)

Very slight IPS glow bottom left of screen, in a dark room with brightness at 75. Turned brightness down to 45 and 0 glow now.

Extremely happy with the purchase.

If any one can answer me one question though.

Youtube videos which are 1080 etc, how do I make them strecth to fill the screen. I know it isn't the correct way to watch them, but I just prefer no black bars if possible, don't mind the semi squashed or stretch look..

Cheers

Soldato
Oh man!!!!

Monitor arrived today, and as others have said it is massive :)

Very slight IPS glow bottom left of screen, in a dark room with brightness at 75. Turned brightness down to 45 and 0 glow now.

Extremely happy with the purchase.

If any one can answer me one question though.

Youtube videos which are 1080 etc, how do I make them strecth to fill the screen. I know it isn't the correct way to watch them, but I just prefer no black bars if possible, don't mind the semi squashed or stretch look..

Cheers

Try looking for a chrome extension, I know one exists.

Associate
Got mine in from overclockers on Monday, set it up yesterday and just letting it settle in. coming from a dual 1080p monitor setup and the increased resolution will take some getting used to - everything is so tiny!

Does anyone have problems with 'popping'? When the monitor has been on for about 30 mins, it audibly goes 'pop' and the image on the screen wobbles. Its just like an old CRT when you pressed the degauss button.

Not sure if it should be something to be concerned about, or just a thing it does?

Associate
Mine does it too occasionally but really nothing even close to once every 30 mins, more like once every 20 days. I have no idea if it's something to be concerned about (actually I was a bit initially) but I've never read of anyone having the monitor gone poof for that so it probably means just that some electronic component on the pcb is not top class or there are random fluctuations in the main power distribution that are not properly managed.

If someone has any better guess I'd be interested to know them too though :)

Associate
Got mine in from overclockers on Monday, set it up yesterday and just letting it settle in. coming from a dual 1080p monitor setup and the increased resolution will take some getting used to - everything is so tiny!

Does anyone have problems with 'popping'? When the monitor has been on for about 30 mins, it audibly goes 'pop' and the image on the screen wobbles. Its just like an old CRT when you pressed the degauss button.

Not sure if it should be something to be concerned about, or just a thing it does?
Are your monitor speakers muted/@0 volume in OSD ? if not, try that.
If that doesn't help and you are using DP, change DP version in OSD (don't remember if possible on this model) to the other available version.

Associate
Mine does it too occasionally but really nothing even close to once every 30 mins, more like once every 20 days. I have no idea if it's something to be concerned about (actually I was a bit initially) but I've never read of anyone having the monitor gone poof for that so it probably means just that some electronic component on the pcb is not top class or there are random fluctuations in the main power distribution that are not properly managed.

If someone has any better guess I'd be interested to know them too though :)

oh its not every 30 minutes, sorry. 30 minutes after switching on it seems - so perhaps it has warmed up to a certain point?

I just checked and the audio was on 40 so I turned that off just in case.

Soldato
Well recieved mine today and it clearly isn't new.
Dirty finger prints and smudges all over....small splashes on the screen possibly from a fizzy drink near the monitor.
Scratches on the monitor stand where it has been attached to the monitor.
Worn screws which have clearly been used

Didn't someone say monitors that get sent back get sold as B grade ?

ehy79u.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Didn't someone say monitors that get sent back get sold as B grade ?

Most people returning monitors will do so under the DSR 7 day change of mind reason. They aren't supposed to actually use it for seven days first - only long enough to test it the same way you could have in a shop.

If it had a drinks spill the retailer would be right to send it back out and refuse the refund. But if the stuff you mentioned isn't immediately obvious...

Soldato
Tempted to ditch my 4K samsung for this monitor, i don't need '4K' yet as there is no content to watch!

Special offer this week too!

Associate
Hi all - I have a u3477pqu, 980ti and windows 10. I have a problem which has my scratching my head.

On DisplayPort 1.1/1.2 - the max bpc that I can get is 6bpc. There is an option to select 8bpc - but when I select it - the monitor goes black (nothing is displayed on the screen); however, the blue light is on suggesting that the monitor is receiving a signal.

Does anyone else have this issue?
What is the max bpc you can get on DP1.1 and DP1.2?
Is there a big difference between 6bpc and 8bpc?
Could this be a driver or cable issue?

I'm running 3440x1440 @ 60hz.

Cheers!

Associate
Cross-posting from the 21:9 thread for /reasons

I just wanted to share with you my little experience with a dual AOC U3477PQU setup.

Nothing really about the setup itself rather than about the "one problem" that apparently affects these guys: the buzz&pop they make when they're warming up. Apparently lots of people are (understandably) scared by it and probably pulled from buying one (or two
emot-v.gif
) but here's what: it's not a monitor's fault. I still don't know exactly what it is but I suspect windows energy and service management is to be held responbible for that.

Very short explanation: I initially had one of these guys, it did buzz&pop at every startup. Nothing I was worried about but it did happen. Always! Then I bought the second one and made it my primary. Now the new one buzz&pops and the first one immediately stopped doing it as soon as it became secondary. Like 0 times, never, ever it did buzz&pop any longer. Science prevents bugged electronic to fix itself overnight so I can't honestly believe it was a monitor's fault in the first place. Again, science!

Then I found this workaround that may tell you something: disable the monitor's audio from the "playback devices" list in windows. This may not completely fix the issue but reduce it remarkably. In my case, it almost completetely fixed it, and I'm talking on the primary of course.

TL;DR: if your AOC U3477PQU buzz&pops at startup disable the monitor's audio (and curse windows). Enjoy! :cool:

csFdX7yl.jpg

w9haRtxl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom