Aorus/Gigabyte X570 - Buildzoid Ripple tests with AORUS & ASUS

Soldato
I've noticed all the Gigabyte boards have a 16Mb BIOS Eeprom compared to all the others at 32Mb, Is this a concern considering MSi have just released a 32Mb equipped 4xx series boards?

Soldato
I've noticed all the Gigabyte boards have a 16Mb BIOS Eeprom compared to all the others at 32Mb, Is this a concern considering MSi have just released a 32Mb equipped 4xx series boards?
In what position are you phrasing the question?

Are you a concerned owner with a successfully flashed board, or a prospective buyer - wondering whether to wait or needs to buy a board now and asking if it's a calculated risk?

If it's the latter - i would wait if you can (perhaps looking late August/early September for board release <--- guestimate) as it takes all risk out of the procedure/buying process and testing essentially BETA BIOS.

That said - there's plenty of success stories out there - and it's hard to factor in user error (which, is probably quite high). MSI have made it very clear how the board should be flashed - just a powered motherboard (nothing else fitted) and using correct USB port etc, and have been very specific about the pensdrive setup and motherboard preparation before and after flash.

If it's of any further help:

MSI said:
Pro Tips:
  • Unplug the 24pin power cable from the motherboard and remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, reinstall the CMOS battery and reconnect the 24pin power cable and CPU power cable.
  • Make sure your USB Flash Drive is formatted to FAT32.
  • Make sure to extract the contents of the B450 TOMAHAWK.7z file from the download, and rename the extracted file E7C02AMS.191 to MSI.ROM
  • Place the MSI.ROM file in the root directory for your FAT32 formatted USB Flash Drive.
  • Make sure you connect the USB Flash Drive to the correct Flashback USB port on the motherboard. Then press the Flashback button.
*Though it sounds like wizardry to me, some users here have had successful boots by not connecting the RESET switch from their case to the motherboard. It is worth a shot as well.

Plus, this - Latest compatible boards/BIOS and walkthrough

And this may help:

Soldato
In what position are you phrasing the question?

Are you a concerned owner with a successfully flashed board, or a prospective buyer - wondering whether to wait or needs to buy a board now and asking if it's a calculated risk?

If it's the latter - i would wait if you can (perhaps looking late August/early September for board release <--- guestimate) as it takes all risk out of the procedure/buying process and testing essentially BETA BIOS.

That said - there's plenty of success stories out there - and it's hard to factor in user error (which, is probably quite high). MSI have made it very clear how the board should be flashed - just a powered motherboard (nothing else fitted) and using correct USB port etc, and have been very specific about the pensdrive setup and motherboard preparation before and after flash.

If it's of any further help:

Plus, this - Latest compatible boards/BIOS and walkthrough

And this may help:

I will be looking at purchasing something in the coming months.
I just thought I would query the 16Mb/32Mb bios chips as I was led to believe it caused an issue with MSI having to release cut back firmware to fit.
I guess I am curious to see if the same could affect Gigabyte in the future with having a smaller bios memory in the X570.

Soldato
I will be looking at purchasing something in the coming months.
I just thought I would query the 16Mb/32Mb bios chips as I was led to believe it caused an issue with MSI having to release cut back firmware to fit.
I guess I am curious to see if the same could affect Gigabyte in the future with having a smaller bios memory in the X570.
If MSI didn't have so much crap (GUI) in their original BIOS to make it look 'preedy' they wouldn't have had an issue to begin with. Gigabyte have kept a clean simple design - so won't be running into issue anytime soon, if ever (i try not to speak in definitives, when it comes to hardware as can bite you in the butt at a later date.)

Soldato
If MSI didn't have so much crap (GUI) in their original BIOS to make it look 'preedy' they wouldn't have had an issue to begin with. Gigabyte have kept a clean simple design - so won't be running into issue anytime soon, if ever (i try not to speak in definitives, when it comes to hardware as can bite you in the butt at a later date.)

Ok thanks, I just wasn't too sure so thought I would ask the question. I had heard Gigabyte were utilising a brand new bios layout now.

Soldato
/a tad off topic but it's Orbi's (AKA Boris) thread:

Yep, he's tucked away his Gimp outfit for the day - Orbi's suspension explained.

Even 'Orbi's' name is an anagram of Boris - coincidence(?), i think not. And the S&M is obviously a given, now we've exposed his real job and the reason behind his suspension. MPs invented ***ual gratification by getting their secretaries to slam their ***** in desk drawers while dressed like batman's perverted brother.

@orbitalwalsh - if you're suspended for more than 2 days - this Boris nickname may stick as i'll doubt we'll get away with Gimp :D

OMG @tamzzy, it gets better - Boris Johnson - we could shorten his new nickname to BJ, everything else is gravy.

Enjoying your suspension Orbi? AKA Boris, AKA BJ. :D

Soldato
omg i'm so close to pulling the trigger on the 3700X and aorus x570i... :(
Christ, and this is without Boris (BJ) urging you on from the sidelines...

Scrub that - he has another account! :D

omg i'm so close to pulling the trigger on the 3700X and aorus x570i... :(
It's all this City Skyline talk - and i bet your memory is on your desk, where you can see it, tormenting you...

Associate
nooooo... must resist! :(
(even though i bought the ram and ssd already...lol)
My reasons for wanting you to buy the X570 ITX are totally selfish of course. I'm interested to know whether it's any good haha.

I've got 2x16GB B-die RAM and a Ryzen 7 2700 sitting on my desk...

Man of Honour
Don't call me Boris!
what about borat? :p

My reasons for wanting you to buy the X570 ITX are totally selfish of course. I'm interested to know whether it's any good haha.
from first looks so far...looks pretty decent.
asus 2x4x70A powerstage vs aorus 6x70A powerstage...
lack of pseudodoubling should mean cleaner power...despite the VRM circuitry being warmer...i think.

Soldato
literally right in front of my monitor lol :/
Well, you will have covered a token amount of the 'happy-clappy-medical-mind-science' (psychology) - so you will be under no illusions as to why it's there :p

No self-control!

Don't call me Boris!
You would, really, prefer Orbi? (i'm lovin' this suspension)

I've got 2x16GB B-die RAM and a Ryzen 7 2700 sitting on my desk...
You actually need the board - buy it.

Give even a hint of a glowing review and tamzzy will follow - or vice versa from the sounds.

from first looks so far...looks pretty decent.
asus 2x4x70A powerstage vs aorus 6x70A powerstage...
lack of pseudodoubling should mean cleaner power...despite the VRM circuitry being warmer...i think.
Here comes the justification for buying... :D

Back
Top Bottom