Aorus Owner's Lounge

Associate
My Aorus X5v7 idles at 53C with -0.095V undervolt

My Aorus X7v6 idles at 30C with no undervolt

Both CPUs are running stock clocks and not OCed

Presumably, the smaller form factor and the i7 7820HK of the X5 are contributing factors to higher idle temps but it's still a considerable difference!

Is this normal for the X5v7?

Associate
My Aorus X5v7 idles at 53C with -0.095V undervolt

My Aorus X7v6 idles at 30C with no undervolt

Both CPUs are running stock clocks and not OCed

Presumably, the smaller form factor and the i7 7820HK of the X5 are contributing factors to higher idle temps but it's still a considerable difference!

Is this normal for the X5v7?

You can play with the fan speed vs. temp at the custom section of the Fan control app. I pushed it to start up earlier and go steeper up, to avoid high temperatures. Not so much bothered with the fan noise. (which is considerable btw :)

Associate
I thermal-grizzly-conductnauted (yes, i made it into a verb) the CPU and GPU on my X5v7. It now idles at 35C with no undervolt.

Factory TIM paste previously produced 53C idle temp. (including an applied undervolt of -0.095V via XTU).

That's an 18C drop which is on par with other user indications of ~20C temperature reductions.

I barely hit 58C under 100% CPU stress test on stock 3.9GHz.

I'd highly recommend it.

Associate
Hi guys, I'm looking into purchasing an x7 1070 however I can't make up my mind on which variant with the screen.

QHD at 120HZ- whats the colour like? This is a TN panel right?
UHD 100% Adobe IPS - This would be 60Hz?

I would say I'm quite sensitive to low rrfresh rates so I'm tempted by the QHD but then again I like to do a bit of photography here and there and when spending 2K you really should have a kickass screen.

Any suggestions? Anyone has experience with both variants? Are there other options to consider?

Many thanks.

Soldato
Hi guys, I'm looking into purchasing an x7 1070 however I can't make up my mind on which variant with the screen.

I would say I'm quite sensitive to low rrfresh rates so I'm tempted by the QHD but then again I like to do a bit of photography here and there and when spending 2K you really should have a kickass screen.

Any suggestions? Anyone has experience with both variants? Are there other options to consider?

Many thanks.

Quite simple really.

I would get the 120hz screen on the laptop. And get an external one for your photography work as no laptop has a screen with such great quality for photography

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
- a

Many thanks.

Hi @Badger_grr - are you looking to purchase in the UK? Reason we ask is as far as we can see the 120Hz model is sold out everywhere....

Let us know...

Regards,

Team AORUS.

Associate
Yes there is. Expect an announcement on 3rd April for the new Gigabyter Aero 15x. Strongly rumoured to have the latest 6 core Intel CPUs and a choice of 1080p 144hz or 4k displays.

Associate
Hi all, more likely Atom.

I have a 3/4 month old Aorus X5 v7-CF1 the bezel along the bottom of the screne appears to keep coming away everytime I open and close my lid, I then have to push the bezel back on but can hear the 'adhesive' cracking. I then as a result get light bleeding through on the bottom right edge of my screen that goes away when I push the bezel back and hold it.

What can I do? Is there anywhere I can raise this as an issue and get it repaired?

Cheers

Associate

I have a 3/4 month old Aorus X5 v7-CF1 the bezel along the bottom of the screne appears to keep coming away everytime I open and close my lid, I then have to push the bezel back on but can hear the 'adhesive' cracking. I then as a result get light bleeding through on the bottom right edge of my screen that goes away when I push the bezel back and hold it.

What can I do? Is there anywhere I can raise this as an issue and get it repaired?

Cheers

EXACTLY THE SAME THING with the bleeding. And it was sever light bleeding from new. However the lower part does not drop off (at least yet).
Interestingly enough, it was sent to repair center, and they confirmed that they've installed the sponges to help with the light bleed - but that didn't help it a lot. Every time I open screen I can hear distinctive crack from the bottom middle of the screen. Until now I didn't realise what that was, but now yes, it definitely sounds like sticky patch un-sticking itself. Once the lid closes it sticks under pressure again.

Associate
@Atom80

I am trying to use my webcam for the first time for internship interviews and this Tridef SmartCam software is asking for a activation code. Where can I find that activation code?
Or is it just bloatware and I should delete it?

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
@Atom80

I am trying to use my webcam for the first time for internship interviews and this Tridef SmartCam software is asking for a activation code. Where can I find that activation code?
Or is it just bloatware and I should delete it?

Hi @scribbleheli - we are checking for you. Are you therefore saying the webcam wont work until the activation code for the Tridef is entered? And you cant bypass it?

Let us know, and we will get the answer for you on Monday.

Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep

Cheers

HI @Lynchie435 - of course this doesn't sound correct and acceptable, so please do book in for analysis and repair with our UK Service Partner.

GIGABYTE Authorized Service Partner
Address: MendIT Ltd Unit 1 Magnesium Court Burnley Bridge Industrial Estate Burnley Lancashire England BB12 7BF
Technical Support: 08442449999
Email: [email protected]

Hope you can get resolved in a timely manner.

Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi @scribbleheli - we are checking for you. Are you therefore saying the webcam wont work until the activation code for the Tridef is entered? And you cant bypass it?

Let us know, and we will get the answer for you on Monday.

Regards,

Team AORUS

One contact came back to us already - they think that you shouldn't need to activate Trdef to get the webcam to work "normally" and the software should be able to be bypassed.

He sent a screen shot, but its in German..... but seems to show a drop down menu giving the option to use Trdef, or not....

This is on his desktop, so it will look different on your AORUS, but hopefully it helps in some way.

LlN95nV.jpg

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
@Atom80
Ok thanks.
I was on a website using Google Chrome that was trying to access the camera. And the drop down to change the camera was grayed out. So the tridef was the only option. I just accepted the trial for the mean time.

When I use the Microsoft camera app. The camera works fine.

Back
Top Bottom