Aorus Owner's Lounge

Associate
Hi @Atom80

I've got the Aorus x5 v7 4k. While playing games (in this example, track mania stadium²) my GTX was at 90°C. Im worried about the temps, is this normal ? Im arround 58-60°C at Iddle for the GTX and 55 for the i7.
I've repasted both, undervolted the cpu, but it didnt change much.

So i've got the drop the resolution down the FHD, but its sad, i bought a 4k screen...

Anyway, thanks !

Soldato
Hi @Atom80

I've got the Aorus x5 v7 4k. While playing games (in this example, track mania stadium²) my GTX was at 90°C. Im worried about the temps, is this normal ? Im arround 58-60°C at Iddle for the GTX and 55 for the i7.
I've repasted both, undervolted the cpu, but it didnt change much.

So i've got the drop the resolution down the FHD, but its sad, i bought a 4k screen...

Anyway, thanks !

That’s normal with Aorus systems :).

I put liquid metal on my Gpu and cpu I had to heavily undervolt and fiddle with clockspeeds to get the cpu to run below 95c, my gpu temp didn’t change with the paste so it’s fair to assume the surface area available to cooling is the limiting factor here and not the crud stick paste.

I believe someone in this thread also put on on their system and had the same results as mine.

Whilst the temperature is fine and safe I just wanted it cooler to make the system quieter :)

Associate
That’s normal with Aorus systems :).

I put liquid metal on my Gpu and cpu I had to heavily undervolt and fiddle with clockspeeds to get the cpu to run below 95c, my gpu temp didn’t change with the paste so it’s fair to assume the surface area available to cooling is the limiting factor here and not the crud stick paste.

I believe someone in this thread also put on on their system and had the same results as mine.

Whilst the temperature is fine and safe I just wanted it cooler to make the system quieter :)

Okay thanks. I just noticed writting this that its getting even worst. I was running 3200rpm, 63cpu and 61 gpu when i was watching a youtube video...
Anyway, you think that the liquid metal is worth the risk ?

Btw, how much undervolt did you apply ?

Soldato
Okay thanks. I just noticed writting this that its getting even worst. I was running 3200rpm, 63cpu and 61 gpu when i was watching a youtube video...
Anyway, you think that the liquid metal is worth the risk ?

Btw, how much undervolt did you apply ?

I won’t say as I can’t remember exactly and don’t want to give you false numbers. But it was pushed to the brink of stability.

Is it worth the risk? That’s a personal thing mate, it’s up to you to decide if you want to risk several thousand pounds worth of system.

For me it was worth it as I was already fully equipped to undertake it as safely as possible.

You can expect to pay quite a bit to do it properly/safely as possible.

Those temps don’t sound unreasonable at all for a high tdp slim laptop. I wouldn’t worry ::)

Associate
Hi Atom,

Long time no speak – hope all is well.

Not sure if you remember, but you helped me out with a replacement Aorus X3 plus V5 a while back – I was such a fan of the service and the device, I posted my review in the Aorus owners lounge (https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/aorus-owners-lounge.18676044/page-32#post-29409670)

Unfortunately, the laptop doesn’t want to charge or power on anymore, but it's still in warranty when I check it on the Aorus site under my logon (warranty valid til 18/06/2018). It’s been a top notch unit though – really impressed.

I loved the laptop so much, I’ve just bought the new model (X3 Plus R7) as a replacement, but was hoping to get the old one fixed under warranty to give to one of my work colleagues (as he’s always had his eye on it). MendIT have advised that it’s not in warranty though and will cost £600 to repair, which is in disagreement with the Aorus site?

I know it’s cheeky to ask, but is this something you could potentially help me out with re getting the old one repaired?

Many thanks

Soldato
Hey hawk,

I had an issue with my X5V6 a while ago (posted in this thread about it) where the system wouldn’t charge or power up after a power surge

I found that after being quoted a similar price that unplugging the power brick in the middle and putting it together again for some reason fixed it.

Maybe worth a super quick check :)

Associate
Thanks Harry - will definitely give that a go. When you say the power brick - do you mean the battery or something else? I've reseated the connectors from the power button and disconnected/reconnected the battery - let me know if that's what you mean or something different - def worth a shot....

Associate
Hi @matzie - new screen protector in post to you today,,, plus a little extra surprise :)

Expect to land on your doormat by the end of the week.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Arrived this morning - thanks so much! Glad to be able to keep that gorgeous screen perfect now, and thanks so much for the 'surprise' too!

I bought an Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 motherboard for a new desktop system last week, and that decision was in no small part down to your efforts here - so please pass it up to HQ: looking after customers really helps your bottom line :) (the new mobo is fantastic BTW).

Soldato
Thanks Harry - will definitely give that a go. When you say the power brick - do you mean the battery or something else? I've reseated the connectors from the power button and disconnected/reconnected the battery - let me know if that's what you mean or something different - def worth a shot....

I mean the square brick in the middle of the cable, I re separated and re plugged that :)

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Arrived this morning - thanks so much! Glad to be able to keep that gorgeous screen perfect now, and thanks so much for the 'surprise' too!

I bought an Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 motherboard for a new desktop system last week, and that decision was in no small part down to your efforts here - so please pass it up to HQ: looking after customers really helps your bottom line :) (the new mobo is fantastic BTW).

Great to hear the screen is now protected and have highlighted your feedback to the motherboard team :)

Thanks for your support of our brand and we trust you continue to enjoy the product.

Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom,

Long time no speak – hope all is well.

Not sure if you remember, but you helped me out with a replacement Aorus X3 plus V5 a while back – I was such a fan of the service and the device, I posted my review in the Aorus owners lounge (https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/aorus-owners-lounge.18676044/page-32#post-29409670)

Unfortunately, the laptop doesn’t want to charge or power on anymore, but it's still in warranty when I check it on the Aorus site under my logon (warranty valid til 18/06/2018). It’s been a top notch unit though – really impressed.

I loved the laptop so much, I’ve just bought the new model (X3 Plus R7) as a replacement, but was hoping to get the old one fixed under warranty to give to one of my work colleagues (as he’s always had his eye on it). MendIT have advised that it’s not in warranty though and will cost £600 to repair, which is in disagreement with the Aorus site?

I know it’s cheeky to ask, but is this something you could potentially help me out with re getting the old one repaired?

Many thanks

Hi @Hawk862 - and thanks Harry, mail received :)

Hawk862 - can you please post the serial number for your machine, and we will see what we can do. If TRUST is enabled, please send message on there so it comes to our email box - or if it is faster and easier for you to post, then please post on here and we will pick it up

Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Cheers thanks - I did try that but no avail unfortunately.

@Atom80 - is this something you can help with with as the warranty is still good for 4 more days?

Hi @Hawk862 - we have looked into your case and on the surface it looks like the information from the service centre is correct, but please let us know if there is "something" not right with the below timeline:

• Original Purchase from OCUK was 25th November 2015 - we have the Proof of Purchase invoice at service centre (also purchased Samsung SSD)
  • That unit had an issue and we provided a replacement - not checked the exact date, but looking back at the thread - you posted on 16th April 2016:POST #631
"Hi all - just a quick update from me,I've been using the replacement Aorus X3 plus v5 now for around a month, during which time I've been travelling a lot and also connected to USB port replicator at home. The replacement I got is amazing - no hint of any of the original problems I had, so it looks like the original problems are now sorted. As I've used this laptop now for work and play I can confirm that it's amazing for both...…."

• So the replacement unit was provided sometime in March 2016 - which would now put it outside of the 2 year warranty period.

Not sure if there is some confusion on your side with regards to dates, or if there is some other factor which at this moment we have not identified.

Please confirm any more details that are relevant.

Best Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Thanks @Atom80,

Those timelines are accurate - the thing that's confusing me is the date of warranty expiry when I logon to the Aorus site which says 18/06/2018? The S/N is HFC003311A0001

I've got a screenshot so I can so show you what I mean but can't see where to attach it - let me know the best email and I can send it through?

Having said that, if the date on the Aorus site is irrelevant anyway based on the timelines above, then let me know and I'll stop chasing.

Cheers

Associate
@Atom80
Hi Atom, i recently bought an aorus x5 v7 from amazon.com (USA) and looking for info I landed at this forums.
I decided to buy an aorus since you offer global warranty for 2 years as claimed on your webpage.

And now, after presentation.

I still dont have the laptop since Im from Spain and ill pick it up in july when ill go to the States. My question is if can i be provided with an spanish layout keyboard, to replace by myself.

I contact you through the forums because reading this thread you seem to be kind an a very good representative, and the technical support service for Spain and Portugal that is the same for other brands like asus or MSI (ENAMETECH) is quite bad (over1 month for repairs, bad QC and testing, too much expensive....) I have suffer them myself with and MSI, and you can browse web on opinions about their service quality.

Another question is if there is any warranty problem if i open the unit for repaste and add an spare 512GB SSD i have here.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
@Atom80
Hi Atom, i recently bought an aorus x5 v7 from amazon.com (USA) and looking for info I landed at this forums.
I decided to buy an aorus since you offer global warranty for 2 years as claimed on your webpage.

And now, after presentation.

I still dont have the laptop since Im from Spain and ill pick it up in july when ill go to the States. My question is if can i be provided with an spanish layout keyboard, to replace by myself.

I contact you through the forums because reading this thread you seem to be kind an a very good representative, and the technical support service for Spain and Portugal that is the same for other brands like asus or MSI (ENAMETECH) is quite bad (over1 month for repairs, bad QC and testing, too much expensive....) I have suffer them myself with and MSI, and you can browse web on opinions about their service quality.

Another question is if there is any warranty problem if i open the unit for repaste and add an spare 512GB SSD i have here.

Thanks in advance

Hi @davidvv...…

For the keyboard, it could be possible, but you would need to contact service centre in USA and they should be able to advise. On the V7, we upgraded the chassis design to a "true island" design keyboard - this gave more rigidy as the key holes are punch out from the chassis, rather than one big whole accommodating the whole keyboard. This new design menas to replace the keyboard, requires that face of the chassis to replaced as well - because the keyboard is "fixed" to it. But price can be obtained from your local service centre for these parts. Regarding your other Q, we don't invalidate warranty if you open your machine and install new SSD or RAM. "Customer Induced Damage" isn't covered of course, and neither are the new parts installed.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Thanks @Atom80,

Those timelines are accurate - the thing that's confusing me is the date of warranty expiry when I logon to the Aorus site which says 18/06/2018? The S/N is HFC003311A0001

I've got a screenshot so I can so show you what I mean but can't see where to attach it - let me know the best email and I can send it through?

Having said that, if the date on the Aorus site is irrelevant anyway based on the timelines above, then let me know and I'll stop chasing.

Cheers

Hi @Hawk862 - OK, clear.

From speaking to the service centre, they have noted an occasional circumstance like yours, and hence they cross check with Proof of Purchase. Sorry we cant provide further warranty cover for that unit....

We will look at the data from our side regarding the serial number, but no need to post anything further, thanks.

Have a good weekend,

Regards,

Team AORUS

Back
Top Bottom