Aorus Owner's Lounge

Associate
Hello,

I am having serious network issues with My Aorus X7 V6 which I bought from Overclockers in November. For the past 3 months my Laptop has randomly disconnected to Wi-Fi, this problem has slowly gotten worse as it now will not connect at all. The wifi connection is made but shows 'No Internet'. At first I thought it would go away and was probably just a glitch that updates would repair but now I am worried.

I tried to plug in an Ethernet cable for the first time today (I usually only connect via wifi) and the laptop doesn't recognize the cable, there. I have tried 5 different cables which all work on other devices. I have tried driver updates, reinstalling drivers, BIOS updates and everything my own experience and google had to offer. Now I am unable to get any internet connection to my laptop and I think my network card is faulty.

Could someone please advise how I get my laptop repaired under warranty?

Thanks,

John

Associate
I wouldn't class myself as an expert on this by any stretch of the imagination but the fact that you have had issues with both your wifi card AND your wired network connection suggests to me that it is more of a software/configuration issue than a physical fault. The wifi card is a separate module that usually plugs into the motherboard but the rj45 port is normally on the motherboard itself.

agt

agt

Associate
I'm a little worried about the sheer number of people having issues with the aorus laptops, is this normal?

I've had several clevos over the years and they've never had any issues apart from being boring and plain.

Last edited:
Associate
No issues here with the X5V6. Still amazed by the power and performance of the machine.

(I say no issues, what I mean is no issues that were not 100% down to my idiocy, be very careful with liquid metal kids!).

Associate
Atom80, any news of the X7 v7 models? The delay is really a bit daft now. 5 months... Zzzzz
I gave up and orderd an MSI. But having waited in yesterday morning for delivery I contacted OC to be told no stock. Annoying as there was 2 showing when I ordered and not to be contacted at all is bad customer service.

Anyway moaning asside it looks like I am back waiting for stock. Atom80 anything?

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Atom80, any news of the X7 v7 models? The delay is really a bit daft now. 5 months... Zzzzz

I gave up and orderd an MSI. But having waited in yesterday morning for delivery I contacted OC to be told no stock. Annoying as there was 2 showing when I ordered and not to be contacted at all is bad customer service.

Anyway moaning asside it looks like I am back waiting for stock. Atom80 anything?

Another guy here with cash ready and waiting for an X5 or X7 v7, but can't hold on forever. Any news?

Hi folks, sorry for delay in response,,,, and product news :(

The most up-to-date info we have from factory is that this X5 sku will be first on way to UK:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoru...el-core-i7-7820hk-gaming-lapto-lt-02l-au.html

We expect arrival within 2 weeks.

X7 schedule to follow once we receive update.

Thanks and apologies.

Team AORUS

Associate
Hey Atom80

Just wanting to find out if you had any further information about the spec of the X5 v7. You mentioned in a previous message that 'more details on the upgrades and improvements' would be highlighted soon. Or are the spec's on the OC and No competitors !

Cheers

@waldaize @cyber_pantalaimon @orangeman2003 @JimboJet @Evansd

OK, so as promised, we have now got the first 3 models of "AORUS X5 V7" ranged and live on OcUK web-site (for pre-order):

Check them out here: AORUS X5 KabyLake Range

More details on the upgrades and improvements will be highlighted again soon, but the obvious ones are:
  • 7th Gen CPU
  • Thunderbolt 3
  • True island design keyboard (individual keys come through chassis, not one large whole for entire keyboard unit) - rigidity improved
  • Air Intake Vents on keyboard face of chassis - enabling improved cooling
  • Power button lit I white not orange
  • AORUS name on screen bezel

Team AORUS

Last edited by a moderator:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hey Atom80

Just wanting to find out if you had any further information about the spec of the X5 v7. You mentioned in a previous message that 'more details on the upgrades and improvements' would be highlighted soon. Or are the spec's on the OC and No competitors !

Cheers

Hi darkbright,

Yes the specs listed on OcUK on the link in original post you replied to are correct, along with the bullet point list of refinements made to the chassis.

Hope that clarifies,

Regards,

Team AORUS

Soldato
Is that the one where you need to bend the heat pipes to make sure the heat sink make proper contact with the CPU? (I'd just been reading about it in the nbr Alienware forums).

Not seen that, although tbh I'd don't think I'd seriously consider the Alienware based on the chassis and keyboard alone. Plus some of the reviews I've seen have had the CPU well into the 90C range under stress (!)

EDIT: Think I found the thread you were referring to. Well, I guess that's that laptop off the shortlist!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom