Aorus Owner's Lounge

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
@Atom80 I've no idea how to use the Trust system. I assumed I clicked on Trust one of your replies, it asks me to login on the pop-up window to use my forum username/password and then tells me my passwords don't match....surprisingly I can't seem to find any real help/info on how it works. Have my order number ready for you :)

Hey waldaize,

MMMm yes we have seen a few users who seem to be having issues activating TRUST, and we cant remember how to do it, so can't advise !

If you post your order number here, therefore giving OcUK permission to pass your delivery address to us, this is OK.

Look forward to your reply,

Team AORUS

Associate
Laptop is being shipped...to home....so won't unpack until Thursday night...so close but yet so far :D

FYI Atom80...it showing as shipped with For Honour or Ghost Recon as the gift not the keyboard..i guess that was with a different laptop not the X5 V6.

Can't wait!

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Laptop is being shipped...to home....so won't unpack until Thursday night...so close but yet so far :D

FYI Atom80...it showing as shipped with For Honour or Ghost Recon as the gift not the keyboard..i guess that was with a different laptop not the X5 V6.

Can't wait!

Hi waldaize - great news !

We did check this morning, but hadn't shipped at that time.

Re FOC AORUS keyboard - this was on the other X5 unit that we put the link to, (https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoru...820hk-gaming-laptop-lt-029-au.html#free_items) one you said you were buying - ie the non 120Hz panel version.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Soldato
Anyone have tips on cleaning sticky keyboard keys? My 'T' and 'A' keys are not always registered when typing or gaming.
I don't tend to mash them like I would a normal keyboard, so maybe some more positive oomph is required?
Have noticed the 'A' key needs o be struck either with uthority (there you go) auhority authority or dead centre to register.

Last sentence is not my crap grammar by the way. Or manufactured for this post.

Associate
@Atom80

When will the x5 v7 be available to preorder or purchase in the U.S. I have waited since ces for the updated version. Don't know if I should go for the v6 version right now or wait if it will be coming out soonish.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
@Atom80

When will the x5 v7 be available to preorder or purchase in the U.S. I have waited since ces for the updated version. Don't know if I should go for the v6 version right now or wait if it will be coming out soonish.

Hi kcalli - we have sent your enquiry to our colleagues in the US to see if they can give information, once we get reply we will post.

Thanks,

Team AORUS

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
@Atom80

Hi kcalli - juts to let you know that USA team replied to inform us that the schedule for the arrival of stock is in line with other counties (due in 3-4 weeks) but their partners don't set products up for pre-order, just go live when stock is available.

Hope that helps in some way,

Team AORUS

Associate
I am.

DIY has taken pole position this weekend but I've had a few hours to play with the X5 V6

So build wise...very nice, solid and well finished. Performance wise I certainly can't complain and the screen is very nice. It is a noisy little beast tho when gaming...nothing irritating, a loud whoosh rather than a whine. So headphones a necessity when gaming. All the rest of the time you can hear the fans on normal mode but just a faint low hum...more than fine.

The keyboard reminds me of my Dell XPS13 keyboard (work laptop..2017 kaby lake model)..i do like it. Unfortunately the S key is activating itself, you can type away..take your hands off the keyboard, wait and the S key activates...so not sticking just activating. What a ball ache this is going to be returning...

Associate
After restarting a few times this is also why I was informed my password was wrong when logging in and why the track pad didn't work a couple of times when I logged in.

Last edited:

agt

agt

Associate
ouch

that doesn't sound like very good build quality

currently trying to decide what laptop to get, very hard to choose, was thinking maybe aorus but if you're already having that kind of trouble with keyboard and noise, might look at MSI or ROG instead

Associate
Sucks. From a few searches others have had keyboard issues, not saying it's common but regardless it's disappointing. I'm well within the 14 days so will return it as unwanted. Call me old fashioned but I'm not interested in having something expensive and new fixed after a handful of days and/or replaced.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I am.

DIY has taken pole position this weekend but I've had a few hours to play with the X5 V6

So build wise...very nice, solid and well finished. Performance wise I certainly can't complain and the screen is very nice. It is a noisy little beast tho when gaming...nothing irritating, a loud whoosh rather than a whine. So headphones a necessity when gaming. All the rest of the time you can hear the fans on normal mode but just a faint low hum...more than fine.

The keyboard reminds me of my Dell XPS13 keyboard (work laptop..2017 kaby lake model)..i do like it. Unfortunately the S key is activating itself, you can type away..take your hands off the keyboard, wait and the S key activates...so not sticking just activating. What a ball ache this is going to be returning...

hi waldaize,

Sorry to hear of this unfortunate issue - we will alert OcUK service team, and advise them to exchange for new if this is the route you want to take. Of course we wouldn't expect you to accept something not perfect, or to have repaired - so please process with OcUK for replacement.

We hope this is what you want.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Thanks both. I don't want to take a v6 now so it would be an exchange to a v7 on pre-order and maybe hold out for an x7. It's under a V12 finance deal ...idea was I'd just pay the difference. Is exchange to a diff model and pay the diff even valid option?

So whats the lead times on the x5 pre-order and/or when do we find out about x7 and their pre-order.

Or it's a flat refund.

Back
Top Bottom