Apple Customer support beyond a joke

Soldato
Box is bigger than one I sent it in probably for a 12” iPad. My iPad was sent to Ireland or that’s were it was sent back from according to tracking. The sheet did have my serial and address on it but it was pretty generic. Store is a pain will just deal with Amazon from now on.
12.9" boxes are used for almost all modern models on return so dont read too much into it.

Odd about Ireland. Your in midlands right? I guess they finally separated the mail from store and mail from home repair centres as they were always the same locations

Soldato
Haha? They used to be.or still are an Apple authorised repair centre that I had to deal with and were utterly useless.

Still no excuse regardless if they use a 3rd party Apple are responsible for this disaster, but I suppose you think it's just the 'norm'
Im simply explaining why we're powerless to do anything about it. It's not about liability but rather an explanation as to why "apple didn't wanna do anything about it". The contract stops pretty much anyone from being actually able to do anything about it.

I had no idea they were used as Midlands market Apple Store's dont ship to them, and until recently (2014) Mail in service in Midlands went to UTL In Lutterworth.

Soldato
Im simply explaining why we're powerless to do anything about it. It's not about liability but rather an explanation as to why "apple didn't wanna do anything about it". The contract stops pretty much anyone from being actually able to do anything about it.

The point being if Apple contract a repair agent to do this work, and they then treat the end user (Apple's customer) like they have, then they need to be able to accept feedback so they don't get the contract again.

Personally if I were @MOOGLEYS I'd be sending in a SAR (Subject Access Request) for all of the recorded calls from his phone number, then raising a complaint with Apple about the abuse he received on the phone, separate to the actual iPad repair as I find people/staff like that disgusting.

Associate
Sorry have not read the whole thread. Did buy this from Amazon? If your buying Apple, buy from Apple, much less hassle. Few quid saved, not worth it if things go wrong.

Last edited:
Soldato
Twitter + @ watchdog in and watch all the Apple seniors come out the woodwork.

I did this with a hotel chain that refused to refund after a fire in the hotel meant my wife didn't stay. As soon as they saw watchdog involved they started grovelling. Maybe Apple wouldn't care as much but any bad press is good for the consumer.

Soldato
OP
I have done a twitter post think I did it right don’t really use it. Doubt I will here anything tbh. I have a nice new iPad now thanks to Amazon apparently they are also going to raise a complaint with Apple about the service I received.

Commissario
I didn't realise that postal/mail repairs were done by a third party. Whenever I've had an issue with Apple kit in recent years, I've always gone to the closest real Apple store, won't touch any of the authorised service providers.

Commissario
I didn't realise that postal/mail repairs were done by a third party. Whenever I've had an issue with Apple kit in recent years, I've always gone to the closest real Apple store, won't touch any of the authorised service providers.
Yup even with returning to a store, they can be sent off to a third party - at least that's what happened last time for me!

Soldato

Why? They have exactly the same training/repair procedures, tools and parts for repair. :confused:

Soldato
They also send your iPad back bent lie and say you sent it like that…..:)

haha, can't really argue with that I guess :p

If anything though, they are under close scrutiny from apple and lose money for poor repairs (each repair are scored by apple and they earn based on the scores rather than how much parts they can fit etc) so, they should be better service :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom