Apple Customer support beyond a joke

Associate
Yup even with returning to a store, they can be sent off to a third party - at least that's what happened last time for me!

But I guess the advantage in that scenario is the store you drop your item to has seen the condition, so there’s less chance of a “he said/she said” scenario.

This thread is why I was reluctant to trade my iPhone in when I bought from Apple online. I was concerned the third party would receive it and claim it was damaged and not pay the trade in value.

Commissario
But I guess the advantage in that scenario is the store you drop your item to has seen the condition, so there’s less chance of a “he said/she said” scenario.

This thread is why I was reluctant to trade my iPhone in when I bought from Apple online. I was concerned the third party would receive it and claim it was damaged and not pay the trade in value.
Yup, and they take photos there and then of the condition of said item.

Man of Honour
Another reason why I usually trade my phone in at Carphone Warehouse, it's a 10 minute drive from my house and it's inspected in front of me.

Associate
I didn't realise that postal/mail repairs were done by a third party. Whenever I've had an issue with Apple kit in recent years, I've always gone to the closest real Apple store, won't touch any of the authorised service providers.

I had an issue with a 2019 MBP, took it into my local Apple Store, it still got sent off to the Czech Republic from them. Think it depends on what capacity they have.

Back
Top Bottom