1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Apple iPad Pro

Discussion in 'Apple Hardware' started by Spit, Sep 9, 2015.

?

Are you going to buy an iPad Pro?

1. Yes

118 vote(s)
    29.8%
  2. No

278 vote(s)
    70.2%
  1. Feek

Commissario

What makes it £5 better than VLC?

2. ScoTTyBEEE

Wise Guy

Can save sftp server details and stream direct from a seed box.

DTSx headphone

3. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

If I use a tablet at home only, do you think I should get the 12.9?

I was set on getting the smaller 11", but seen as I don't ever take a tablet out with me, I think the 12.9 might be better.

4. Barry Smalley

Wise Guy

If you’re holding it to use it, I’d be getting the smaller one,

5. malachi

Sgarrista

I got the 11" as I found the 12.9 too big to hold for a long time.

6. sharp72

Associate

got my 12.9 iPad Pro arriving on Saturday ...is it best to go with the apple keyboard/cover and pencil ....or 3rd party?

7. Jimbeam3678

Capodecina

Official Apple smart cover from eBay,then just get a cheap £20 Bluetooth keyboard. That's what I did far better than the official combination

8. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

Yeah, on second thoughts, I will go for the 11" as I do hold it for long periods, plus its cheaper and I want to get the 256gb, if I got the 12.9 in that size it would be £1000+.

Thanks

9. aoaaron

Wise Guy

I have an ipad pro and although I love it as a piece of tech, its just not used enough by myself.

I'd love to be able to connect a dualshock 4 controller and mirror my PS4 pro or PC.. but no.

I wish there was a windows version of an ipad pro but maybe 2x thicker, which runs a barebones version of win 10 and steam and could 1080p or 720p my games libary

10. Alpherah

Sgarrista

You can mirror your PS4 .. controller is a small issue at the moment but there are mfi controllers with l3/r3 support coming - already two to chose from in the Us with nimbus releasing a new controller imminently worldwide

11. chrismscotland

Wise Guy

Have to say the Apple Pencil is a must, the 3rd party options just aren't there.
    I'd also opt for a case and a separate keyboard - didn't like the Apple one that much.

12. Cavallino

Capodecina

is it me or is the onscreen keyboard sometimes a bit laggy in some areas for example typing in one note or typing address into safari?

13. Valo

Mobster

I'm considering upgrading my iPad Air 2 to the 11" iPad Pro.

My iPad Air 2 is in an Apple Leather Smart Case. I'd ideally like a similar case to this for the iPad Pro as I'm not keen on the Smart Folio Case, as it leaves the corners exposed and I don't want to risk scuffing or damaging it.

Anyone able to recommend a suitable case?

14. Kainz

Capodecina

I've gone through 4 cases for my 12.9" and finally found a good one that offers all round protection. This one has raised edges by a few mm so the lid doesn't rest on the glass. So no more stripe effects on the display surface. Since the case is flexible, the ipad easily slips into it without due force. Lastly you get full all round protection around those gentle edges.

The Stylus slot is a tad annoying I admit especially if you intend not to use one. I'll be getting mine in a few months.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07LCZGXS7

Apple have used very soft aluminium on the Pro's (probably 6xxx grade) compared to normal and older iPads and mine has 3 tiny marks on the edges already despite me taking superb care of all my devices. My now dead Pixel C was way more robust than this that's for sure.

I can take some pix of the case tomorrow if you need.

15. Ryan-3

Sgarrista

Been a long time since I've owned an iPad, and a while now since anything Apple, but I've just purchased an 11" Pro. It'll be working well within itself with a mixture of browsing, reading and streaming, but likely be a purchase of a pencil in the near future.

Any big new standout apps worth taking a look at?

16. Minstadave

Capodecina

17. Needles

Wise Guy

Anyone looking a case / keyboard for their IPad Pro should look at the Zagg Slimbook Go. I bought mine via eBay from the states and it is a fantastic case / keyboard.

18. b0rn2sk8

Mobster

19. Chris344

Wise Guy

The Logitech case that they sell in the Apple Store is great, full back lit keyboard and shortcuts that actually work.

20. UberTiger

Mobster

My step mum is a complete computer noob and would have used this years ago on her ipad. Every soccer mom and their dog has a DSLR these days and it's been a pain to get photos from a camera onto an iPad for yonks.