Apple Music or Spotify

Associate
Another vote for Spotify, Mostly because I get it as part of my phone package now, but was a Premium subscriber before that. It's reliable and most of what i want to listen to is on there.

Associate
But what do you do when you're on a train and there's no 4G? Which is usually most of the time when I'm on them!

Spotify Premium lets you download to Listen Off-Line . Only reason i got it initially was because i switched to commuting by Tube and not Overland.

Soldato
To be fair... I still have to add B-Sides and other unknown tracks myself :p But otherwise, I just drag all the music into one playlist, hit "Download" on the playlist, and all my music is available offline :)

Soldato
can you download spotify music to an sd card rather than a phones internal storage?

I have just started using Spotify properly a few days ago (premium thanks to half price discount - used wife's school email address, teacher). Love it.

Soldato
Why not Google Play Music? The Family plan is great value

I read into this, the Google Play Music subscription seems to do weird things with app purchases for the other Google accounts.

Google Play Music does let you upload up to 50000 songs of your own for free though, which is decent if you don't want to pay anything.

I use a student priced Spotify for £4.99 a month. It's worth that to me, I don't use it all the time, I'd not use it enough to warrant the £9.99 a month cost really.

Soldato
I got a free subscription for Deezer a couple of years ago when I got some Sonos Play 1s. It's basically just the same as Spotify but if you have Sonos gear, you get an exclusive FLAC streaming service.

Soldato
Mrs is on Spotify, I'm on Google music. For metal at least Google is the better choice- way more obscure stuff than Spotify but not necessarily the case for all genres.

Soldato
Still a spotify fan, but the Apple Music cost in Asia for a family package is tiny, so its my default now.

The only downside is that most of the streams and the radio stuff is Bollywood songs! The content though is the same as the UK one though.

Back
Top Bottom