Apple September Event - 12th September 2023 @ 18:00 BST

Soldato
So the big day is nearly here. After a lot of thinking, I'm not going to upgrade anything this year. I want to start a business and I'm saving up for that. On the other hand, new operating system releases will be fun and I'm looking forward to trying them out for the first time as I haven't used any of the betas. What are you all looking forward to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Unless the new watch is something special, my wallet will remain in a healthy state.

Hoping for better battery. Not got one as lasting a mere 24 hours isn't great. I know you can charge quickly but I would hate removing it. Garmin and the others have got more battery albeit less features. 48-72 hours is probably not possible but wishful thinking.

Soldato
OP
Hoping for better battery. Not got one as lasting a mere 24 hours isn't great. I know you can charge quickly but I would hate removing it. Garmin and the others have got more battery albeit less features. 48-72 hours is probably not possible but wishful thinking.
If they released an Ultra 2 you could wait for the price drop on last year's Ultra.

Soldato
I'm still on a Watch 4, so might be tempted by a 9 this year, especially as I can get most of it paid through my life insurance (Vitality).

What health metrics aren't available on the watch yet for them to announce this year?

Blood pressure and blood glucose would both be cool, but I got the impression these were still years away.

Associate
I’ve still got an iPhone 12 Pro Max. If the new iPhone is a massive jump up then I’ll consider one, otherwise this’ll do me for another year.

Unlikely to be a major jump apart from the usual 'better' camera, 'faster' to open Safari et al and the inevitable price hike. Saying that I have been a Pixel user since 2016 and fancy a change for longer iOS support over the Pixel.

Back
Top Bottom