Apple September Event - 12th September 2023 @ 18:00 BST

Soldato
Giving the iPhone 15 series will be moving to USB-C, I wonder if Apple will also transition their accessories like the Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad to USB-C too. Surely they won't miss the opportunity of selling you the exact same product with an all new singing and dancing connector. :p

Last edited:
Associate
Giving the iPhone 15 series will be moving to USB-C, I wonder if Apple will also transition their accessories like the Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad to USB-C too. Surely they won't miss the opportunity of selling you the exact same product with an all new singing and dancing connector. :p
And lock out backwards compatibility.

“Looks, new* AirPods with a fancy USB-C charging case”

*Actually old Airpods with a software compatibility lock.

Soldato
Unlikely to be a major jump apart from the usual 'better' camera, 'faster' to open Safari et al and the inevitable price hike. Saying that I have been a Pixel user since 2016 and fancy a change for longer iOS support over the Pixel.
It’s been like that since iPhone 6.

The last innovation was AirPods.

My only interest in the new iPhone is what price the older models drop down to as my 7 is getter a bit tired.

Soldato
Don’t normally follow the “leaks” and what have you. Was on M.R and seen the colours of the new one, thinking I’m going to go for the titanium.

Would love the yellow one but looks like it’s not coming in pro version.

Soldato
Still going with my iPhone 11 Pro and said I wouldn't upgrade until it got USB-C so I'm hoping the rumours on that one are true at least for getting a new phone at some point.
iPads probably won't be in this event but my iPad Air 2 is starting to feel really old now (10 years!), but don't use it huge amount. Really just hoping any new devics push down the price of used iPad Pros with M1. :p

Soldato
Really just hoping any new devics push down the price of used iPad Pros with M1. :p

They're not in production anymore so there aren't much stock left to move. Apple doesn't like it when last gen Pros drop close to or below prices of current Airs. It messes up their product lineup so they avoid it.

I've got an air 2 as well. Legendary machine. Still goes strong after all these years and multiple users.

Soldato
Will be going 15 pro and probably the new ultra this year.

Would love the new periscope lens but won’t go back to the max size and weight again so will wait for it to trickle down to the pro size.

Soldato
They're not in production anymore so there aren't much stock left to move. Apple doesn't like it when last gen Pros drop close to or below prices of current Airs. It messes up their product lineup so they avoid it.

I've got an air 2 as well. Legendary machine. Still goes strong after all these years and multiple users.

I don't mean getting one from Apple, but from an individual who will be upgrading to an M2/M3 etc.
Yeah they've done pretty well for being 10yrs, although mine mainly gets used for watching shows around the house and only anything else if I travel away.

Soldato
I don't mean getting one from Apple, but from an individual who will be upgrading to an M2/M3 etc.
Yeah they've done pretty well for being 10yrs, although mine mainly gets used for watching shows around the house and only anything else if I travel away.

Oh yeah. I suspect with the OLED displays on the M3 iPad Pros a lot of people will be upgrading from the 11" iPad Pros (which don't even have Mini-LED).

Associate
I’m on a series 6 watch and a 11 pro max. I do feel maybe I could squeeze another year out of my phone. The battery health stayed on 100% for over 2 years and it’s still on 86% now. I only notice it being slow when it is in battery saving mode.

I was geared up, for sure, to upgrade. But with impending planned spending that’s far more important I’m not so sure.

Any current leaks show very little in terms of “must upgrade” feature. USB C will be good to have but I have lightning accessories everywhere.

I’m sure it will be the best iPhone ever, but tangible what will that mean?

Oh, one area I see where this phone feels dated is the camera. No matter when I upgrade though, it’s going to be a considerable improvement.

Soldato
Will be going 15 pro and probably the new ultra this year.

Would love the new periscope lens but won’t go back to the max size and weight again so will wait for it to trickle down to the pro size.
Yep I'm in the same boat. My 14 Pro has an annoying scratch and the battery is degrading so it's time to make it someone else's problem.
I heard from a source in the mobile industry that the new SE will be akin to a 13 mini with a Type C port, will be interesting if that pans out as that gives my wife an upgrade path.

Back
Top Bottom