Apple shipment help

Soldato
ok,

so the macbook was despatched yesterday, heres what it says:

Estimated Delivery Date 26 Jun 2008 (Subject to change)

Current Delivery Status In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule 17 Jun 2008

So do you think it will turn up today? It cant take 9 days to arrive unless someone is gonna walk it 400 miles or whatever

Associate
The site says it will be arriving today!

The package tracking system for apple orders has been appalling.

Aye, when I put the order in for me MBP it was useless, phoned up apple 3 times and got 3 different times for it to be delivered. Joke, luckily the MBP more than makes up for the initial wait for the thing.

Associate
It still aint here :(

on a side note does the macbook's run ok wqith 1 gb? or is it gonna be a dog?

Do i need to order 4gb ram quickly? Ideally I need to wait till pay day :)

1GB of RAM should suffice but I would suggest getting at least 2GB, after loading up iTunes and Safari and Mail I have around 1.2GB of RAM to play with. I am looking at getting 4GB this week, due to some programs eating up a bit too much and sometimes the OS can get a bit laggy.

Soldato
OP
Phoned up apple today spoke to this nice american/canadian man. I asked if they were walking it to my door to save on the fuel costs, he laughed then said it was coming from china!

I dont think ill get it to the 26th, which is the date its says on the apple site. poo poo poo

Associate
Phoned up apple today spoke to this nice american/canadian man. I asked if they were walking it to my door to save on the fuel costs, he laughed then said it was coming from china!

I dont think ill get it to the 26th, which is the date its says on the apple site. poo poo poo

I got mine around 4 days before the expected shipping date.

Associate
I couldn't be more happy with Apple delivery times. Ordered Wed night, macbook, time capsule + a scanner and laptop case arrived today! Macbook was at stock spec though (Ordered larger HD + 4GB Ram seperate)

Associate
Yeah mine was a custom built machine so it had to come from Shanghai. Weird if the OP's machine is a standard one off the website as they are supposed to ship from a place in Ireland.

Soldato
What options did you choose on your macbook?

Mine was shipped on 18th and arrives on 24th :( was hoping for it this weekend, not to worry :)
I only hope the concierge sign for it on my behalf.

Back
Top Bottom