Apple TV

Commissario
There are significant rumours at the moment that the AppleTV is due for a refresh. The 40Gb version has vanished, the 160Gb one has dropped in price and there are stories that the team responsible for the AppleTV are working overtime!

I have an AppleTV and it gets used on a daily basis. The only things I'd like to see different are 1080p support, a much larger hard drive and a gigabit Ethernet port.. Apart from that, I'm very happy with it.

Commissario
My entire media library is in iTunes and it streams to the AppleTV. My family use it to watch stuff. It does have to be said that my library is a reasonable size at 371Gb of TV programmes and 300Gb of films (not to mention the 130Gb of music). This is why I'd like the AppleTV to have a significantly larger hard drive and a gigabit port so it's quicker to dump all the media on it.

Commissario
I suppose, but I don't think so. That's why the Airports/Time Capsules don't have an ADSL modem built in or available as extra, it's so much easier to produce one product that can be marketed globally without any regional variations.

Soldato
OP
I suppose, but I don't think so. That's why the Airports/Time Capsules don't have an ADSL modem built in or available as extra, it's so much easier to produce one product that can be marketed globally without any regional variations.

As Feek Says I dont think so either..... It be good if Apple could build in a modem on their airport then everything is in one package rather than stacking a Modem with it. But that apple

Soldato
My ideal AppleTV requirements would be:

1. Be able to standalone without a Mac to stream off.
2. Content available from my current TV provider (virgin), films for purchase/rent, Radio (both internet and TV licence paid), tunes (iTunes/importable), photos.
3. Supports streaming from PC/Mac.
4. Can sync family set of iPhones and provide a WiFi bridge.
5. Connect to TV or to monitor, I don't mind if it's through a little adaptor like the display port.
6. Have digital and analogue audio out.
7. Ethernet connectable and Wifi.
8. Expandable storage with the ability to offload movies etc to macs to act as a library.
9. Blue Ray & DVD compatible.

As Feek Says I dont think so either..... It be good if Apple could build in a modem on their airport then everything is in one package rather than stacking a Modem with it. But that apple

Too many standards and not future proof. I prefer an ethernet/wifi connection instead and leave the connection to the ISP. I learnt that the hard way switching from ADSL to Cable..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom