AppleCare+

Soldato
I currently pay monthly for AppleCare+ on my Watch SE 2nd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, and my 11" M1 iPad Pro. It adds up quite a bit so I was thinking of cancelling AppleCare+ on all of my devices.

What would you do? If I break one of these things I'd probably just upgrade to a newer model anyway.

Caporegime
I don't think it's really a question that other people can answer for you.

It depends on quite a few different factors. For someone who doesn't take care of their stuff and has a history of dropping or losing stuff etc then it's a no brainer.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I don't think it's really a question that other people can answer for you.

It depends on quite a few different factors. For someone who doesn't take care of their stuff and has a history of dropping or losing stuff etc then it's a no brainer.
Fair point. I'm normally pretty careful with my devices so I'm not too worried about breaking them and I could really do with the extra money in my bank account. I think I'll go ahead and cancel.

Associate
It seems expensive to me to have an insurance against accidental damage/repairs however I think I've damaged one iPhone in over a decade of using them so maybe I'm not the target audience

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Most people pay for AppleCare+ also put a screen protector and case on their phone, which reduces the chance of breaking it. I use AppleCare+ on my phone because I don't use a case or screen protector, if I drop it and it smashes I'm covered .

Soldato
I travel the world and all of my devices get hot, dusty, cold and knocked against things, I have no sort of AppleCare or anything on mine, they're all in cases, and other than a slight bend in my phone all is well...

Commissario
Most people pay for AppleCare+ also put a screen protector and case on their phone, which reduces the chance of breaking it. I use AppleCare+ on my phone because I don't use a case or screen protector, if I drop it and it smashes I'm covered .
As is well known, I’m a naked guy and have been for years.

This year, for the very first time I’ve actually picked up some scratches on the front of my phone. There’s three or four, all in one area and they’re consistent with the phone being scraped along something.

But I have no idea what or where. It’s not been in a pocket with anything sharp, it’s not been put down anywhere on something hard or sharp.

I wonder if AppleCare+ will stump for a replacement screen or whether it needs a crack.

Soldato

This year, for the very first time I’ve actually picked up some scratches on the front of my phone. There’s three or four, all in one area and they’re consistent with the phone being scraped along something.

But I have no idea what or where. It’s not been in a pocket with anything sharp, it’s not been put down anywhere on something hard or sharp.

I wonder if AppleCare+ will stump for a replacement screen or whether it needs a crack.

I’ve got tonnes of scratches on my 14 Pro Max and even managed to crack the screen.

But I’d still rather have a naked phone than put a screen protector/case on it

Soldato

That small popper you sometime get on jeans pockets?

Associate
I purchase AppleCare+ for every service and tend to just pay for it in full.

I’d rather have insurance and not need it than not have it and need it.

They even now cover loss and theft on iPhones which is great.

For most devices the upfront cost is cheap too so it’s a no brainer, add to that the fact that you know Apple will honour it.

Insurance normally has a fear factor of wondering how easy a claims process will be, and whether they’ll even honour a claim. With the express replacements Apple now offer on most AppleCare it gives even more peace of mind.

I think the issue in general is the monthly payments, whilst it may cost the same I am going off paying monthly for anything that has alternative payment methods.

Once I’ve paid for something I forget about it, streaming services is a prime example, the likes of Disney plus, paramount etc I pay for annually. I get it’s a psychological thing but I feel better lol

Soldato
I’ve signed up in the past but I’m staying with Curve Metal for now as I use most of the benefits. If I ever have to claim and the process is bad then I’ll switch back.

Back
Top Bottom