AppleCare+

Associate
Does anyone know if AppleCare+ can be paid for monthly? I have an iPhone 15 Pro Max coming in the next couple of weeks and I am thinking of adding cover for it. I already have phone insurance through my Nationwide account though, so didn't order it at the the time. In fairness I have used the Nationwide insurance once a couple of years ago when my 12 Pro Max was stolen and found them to be very efficient.

Soldato
OP
Does anyone know if AppleCare+ can be paid for monthly? I have an iPhone 15 Pro Max coming in the next couple of weeks and I am thinking of adding cover for it. I already have phone insurance through my Nationwide account though, so didn't order it at the the time. In fairness I have used the Nationwide insurance once a couple of years ago when my 12 Pro Max was stolen and found them to be very efficient.
Yes you can pay for AppleCare+ monthly.

Soldato

Yes, as soon as you turn the phone on just go settings and it’ll come up with an option in there. £8.99 p/m cancel when you like.

Associate
Also if you pay monthly there isn't a set expiry date, rather than the fixed period with the one off payment. You're covered until you cancel the plan. I use it for both of the kids iPads.
That's interesting. I always assumed 2 years was the maximum coverage. Are you paying monthly for each iPad or does the monthly subscription cover all devices?

Soldato
There’s no need to panic with Apple Care, correct me if I’m wrong but it can be added to any product regardless of how you paid for it within a certain time period. Personally I think it’s worth the premium over other insurance products and bundled gadget insurance with credit cards or home insurance, it’s just effortless if you do need to claim. The fact they include theft now is even better, it’s a risk reward calculation I guess but seems like a bargain to me. Complete peace of mind!

Last edited:
Soldato
There’s no need to panic with Apple Care, correct me if I’m wrong but it can be added to any product regardless of how you paid for it within a certain time period. Personally I think it’s worth the premium over other insurance products and bundled gadget insurance with credit cards or home insurance, it’s just effortless if you do need to claim. The fact they include theft now is even better, it’s a risk reward calculation I guess but seems like a bargain to me. Complete peace of mind!

I think you’re right and the period is 60 days. Which is pretty good iyam

Soldato

yes but you need to have the phone in good working order to add it as it runs a diagnostic so no good if its knackered or nicked..

Soldato
I'm in South Africa - we don't have AppleCare+ outhere. Just third party retailer that offers a similar thing. I used to be a naked guy too - till my iPhone 12 rear cracked and the glass is sharp, so a case is on there for that reason.

Once I've moved to the UK next year, will be back to naked phones + AppleCare+ for sure.

Soldato
So i get a new iPhone pro every yr, and this yr, i'm very much enjoying new weight and feel of my 15pro natural titanium. I love the way it sits in my hand. i love the look. Actually this has been my favorite upgrade for a very very very long time. I want to keep it naked. But i also know that a drop is inevitable. Despite being extra careful, i do very occasionally like maybe once or twice in the yr of ownership drop it. I'm thinking of staying naked and just paying thr $9.99 per month (I'm in the US). What i'm concerned about is (off their site)

Incidents covered

Screen or back glass6 damage
$29

Other accidental damage
$99

Theft or loss
$149

I'm not going with theft of loss, as i've never lost my iphone. but screen or back glass, is $29 Whats the 'Other' accidental damage ? surely its the screen thats going to break and whats to not stop you breaking the glass and only paying $29 if you have a big ding but the glass made it after a drop? Also it seems to be contradicting itself from the phone itself. i think it says glass $99 and any $29...

Sorry never bought apple care before. but i've had my new 15 pro since last Fri, and a new pitaka case, and screen protectors sitting still in their box, as i don't want to put a case on it. So i know i'm at risk.

Soldato
So i get a new iPhone pro every yr, and this yr, i'm very much enjoying new weight and feel of my 15pro natural titanium. I love the way it sits in my hand. i love the look. Actually this has been my favorite upgrade for a very very very long time. I want to keep it naked. But i also know that a drop is inevitable. Despite being extra careful, i do very occasionally like maybe once or twice in the yr of ownership drop it. I'm thinking of staying naked and just paying thr $9.99 per month (I'm in the US). What i'm concerned about is (off their site)

Incidents covered

Screen or back glass6 damage
$29

Other accidental damage
$99

Theft or loss
$149

I'm not going with theft of loss, as i've never lost my iphone. but screen or back glass, is $29 Whats the 'Other' accidental damage ? surely its the screen thats going to break and whats to not stop you breaking the glass and only paying $29 if you have a big ding but the glass made it after a drop? Also it seems to be contradicting itself from the phone itself. i think it says glass $99 and any $29...

Sorry never bought apple care before. but i've had my new 15 pro since last Fri, and a new pitaka case, and screen protectors sitting still in their box, as i don't want to put a case on it. So i know i'm at risk.

From my UK policy the excess is below:

AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss benefits are in addition to any rights you may have under consumer law. Please see the attached AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss Insurance Documentation for complete product details. In particular, please note that if you make a claim for hardware, theft, or loss coverage, each claim will be subject to a policy excess of £ 25 for screen or back glass damage, £ 79 for other accidental damage, or £ 109 for theft or loss.

I think they can replace the back glass and screen in store whereas any other damage is likely to require a refurb replacement hence it costs more.

Soldato
From my UK policy the excess is below:

AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss benefits are in addition to any rights you may have under consumer law. Please see the attached AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss Insurance Documentation for complete product details. In particular, please note that if you make a claim for hardware, theft, or loss coverage, each claim will be subject to a policy excess of £ 25 for screen or back glass damage, £ 79 for other accidental damage, or £ 109 for theft or loss.

I think they can replace the back glass and screen in store whereas any other damage is likely to require a refurb replacement hence it costs more.
That makes perfect sense.. i wonder if they can make the phone as waterproof though ? Unless they've all been given special vacuum machines or whatever they use on the assembly line, in each individual apple store ? or perhaps i'm just overthinking it.. and the glue does the job perfectly.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's interesting. I always assumed 2 years was the maximum coverage. Are you paying monthly for each iPad or does the monthly subscription cover all devices?
We pay separately for each iPad, activated when purchased. Just had a look on the apple site and pricing is:

iPad Pro 12.9‑inch
£7.99 / £149
iPad Pro 11-inch
£5.99 / £129
iPad Air (5th generation)
£3.99 / £79
iPad, iPad mini
£3.49 / £69

Edit.
link

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Coming back to this thread because I was thinking. If you get a Mac direct from Apple without AppleCare+ aren't Apple required to offer hardware repair and support for a number of years even if you do not have AppleCare+?

Back
Top Bottom