Aqua Computer Aquaero Owners thread

Associate
Well as most over forums/shops have one I thought perhaps it would be a good idea to have one here, where we can share advice, Tips and tricks.

So what is an Aquaero ?

The Aquaero is an absolutely autonomous working microprocessor-controlled device with USB 2.0 interface. All speed parameters and sensor values can be set and visualized in an user-friendly menu or through an even easier to use PC-software. Additionally, the graphic LC display can be used to display almost any information using the popular LCD software LCDHype

There are several different ones you can buy.

The 6 series(The latest ones)

Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 XT USB Fan Controller

aquaero_6_front.jpg

This one is the very latest and the king.
Link to buy

The key features of the aquaero 6 include:
· Programmable four channel fan controller
· Graphic LC display with backlight
· USB 2.0 and aquabus interface
· Four fan outputs with up to 30 Watt of power per channel
· All fan outputs with 4-Pin plug, switchable between coltage and PWM control
· Versatile control options
· Eight temperature sensor inputs
· Flow sensor input
· Universal IR receiver
· Output for IR transmitter
· Three LED outputs
· Potential-free switch
· Two additional power outputs
· Extensive alarm options
· Acoustical alarm
· Speed signal output for status evaluation
· Expandable to a maximum of 12 fan channels

Aqua Computer Aquaero 6 Pro USB Fan Controller

53145.jpg

This is basically the same as the above but does not contain the infrared remote, and also does not have the touchscreen features as the xt.
Link to buy

This comes with a display(non touch) and no remote

The key features of the aquaero 6 include:
· Graphic LC display with backlight
· Four fan outputs with up to 30 Watt of power per channel
· All fan outputs with 4-Pin plug, switchable between voltage and PWM control
· Flow sensor input
· Universal IR receiver
· Three LED outputs
· Potential-free switch
· Acoustical alarm
· Expandable to a maximum of 12 fan channels

The 5 series(Older series but still available)

Aqua Computer Aquaero 5 XT LCD Fan-Controller
Link to buy

aquaero_xt.jpg

This is the king of the 5 series and comes with the infrared remote and also comes with a touchscreen,

The key features of the aquaero 5 include:
· Graphic LC display with backlight (except LT)
· Four fan outputs with current measurement
· Flow sensor input
· Universal IR receiver (except LT)
· Three LED outputs
· Potential-free switch
· Acoustical alarm
· Expandable to a maximum of 10 fan channels

Aqua Computer Aquaero 5 PRO LCD Fan-Controller
Link to buy

ae5_pro_edelstahl.jpg

This version contains a display at the front of the device, but does not contain the touch screen element nor the infrared remote.

· Graphic LC display with backlight (except LT)
· Flow sensor input
· Universal IR receiver (except LT)
· Three LED outputs
· Potential-free switch
· Acoustical alarm

Aqua Computer Aquaero 5 LT USB Fan-Controller

This is the most popular model (as it is the cheapest) but does not contain a front display screen on the front of the unit.
Link to buy

ae5_lt.jpg

· Flow sensor input
· Three LED outputs
· Potential-free switch
· Acoustical alarm

The differences between the 5 and 6 series(Taken from the main aquaero site)

The new aquaero 6 is an improved version of the aquaero 5. Our main target was a dramatic increase of the available power on the outputs. Other than the aquaero 5 which works with an analog voltage control, this time we used very efficient switching controllers of the latest generation. The performance capability of the aquaero 5 is mainly limited by the temperature of the voltage regulators since they become pretty hot when you attach some stuff and use it with lower voltages. The aquaero 6 has no problems in this area and the maximum power is only limited by the current which means you can go to the limits without worrying about the temperatures. To make this possible we had to redesign everything around the voltage regulators with a special attention to the thermal design. This time we placed more than 250 elements on the PCB without changing its size. For the first time we use a multi-layer PCB for the aquaero

The maximum current per channel is 2,5A (30W at 12V) without any special cooling. The aquaero 6 does not even have a passive heatsink! Anyway, we will also offer a waterblock for the aquaero 6 since it will allow to go a bit further with a maximum of 3A (36W at 12V). Of course the voltage regulators also handle short peaks above this rating to make sure that fans and pumps will spin up. The new controllers also feature some new directly integrated security features. For example they can switch of a channel in less than 1/100000s if you have a short circuit. Also the temperature, current and voltage monitoring has been improved. The 5V supply which for example powers the CPU or display got a new protection circuit which will disconnect the power supply if there is an overvoltage. Another nice thing to mention is the pretty low voltage drop with that new design which is only 0,5 to 0,8V between the power supply and the outputs.
The available power should be no longer a question and to take full advantage of it all channels are 4-pin PWM compatible now. PWM fans can be also stopped by cutting their voltage supply. Normally a PWM fan will always run at a specific minimum speed if there is no or a too low PWM frequency signal.

The onboard memory of the aquaero 6 has become larger and offers four time more space for log data or whatever the future brings.

All these new features have their price... we understand that not everyone needs that massive amount of power so the aquaero 5 series will stay in our assortment of goods. That means the aquaero 6 will not replace the aquaero 5 - it will extend its possibilities.

Associate
OP
Well I have mine still sitting here in a box lol. the only parts im waiting for now is tubing and temp sensors. then il be doing my build. and yes not having a black front panel is a pain in the ass. I suppose its what called a upsell. lol they should give the customer the choice either black or silver.

Associate
OP
I have ordered a load of aqua computer stuff couple days ago for my new build I'm doing. Thought I would go all out so got with the monitoring. Anyone used the aquaero D5 USB pump before as I got one so could control pump speed through the 5 LT and want to know if anyone has had problems with it?

Hi there, I am positive you made the right choice. as did I. I cannot comment on the d5, as when I ordered my aquaero 6 pro ect I could not find that pump anywhere, I am kind of jealous of you. I want to go the full monitoring route. its a shame ocuk does not sell more of the aquaero line of products, its actually quite vast what they sell.

I myself will be (when I order next month) will be using water temp sensors on the inlets and outlets of my 2 rads il be installing and one water temp in the pump/res combo. I will also be using some air temp sensors also. I am positive with help from this forum, both you and I will be able to set up perfectly the software.
Once I have mine installed I will post back here my thoughts.

This is exactly what I hope this thread will be for, for us aquaero owners to help each other.

Associate
OP
while I wait for my tubing to arrive(nearly been a whole month) I cannot set up my wc build. so I was thinking. is it to much to have 5 water sensors in one system. ie inlet and outlet of rad one(360) inlet and outlet (480) and one on the back of the pump ?.

Or just inlet of the (360) and outlet of the (480) and one on the pump ?

thankyou for the advice

Associate
OP
Hi guys while I am waiting for my tubing still !!! been a month now lol. anyhow.
I thought I would buy a few more things to go with my aquaero pro 6:

Aqua Computer Flow Sensor MPS High Flow incl USB Port
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-177-AQ

I also bought :

Aqua Computer aquabus / RPM signal cable
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-117-AQ

to connect the flow sensor to my aquaero 6 pro. I presume with that cable I do not need to use the usb side of things, is that correct ?

Even though I just noticed it comes with the rpm cable Dho!!!! teach me to order things in the early hours I guess.

Can I use that rpm cable on my laing d5 pump ?

I also ordered the Aqua Computer Display Glass for Aquaero 5/6 Pro

And the black front plate and x2 Aquacomputer 71160 Temperature sensor internal/external thread G1/4

I think that will do now for the monitoring setup for my system.

thanks for the help thus far

Associate
OP
Perhaps I didn't make myself very clear in what I am trying to get across, :). Would the 5LT be able to control 5 pwm fans and a 240x based on the readings coming from the Aquasuite via AIDA?

I'd like, ideally, to have the case fans increase in speed when the GPUs are working hard and then slow down again when idle, AIDA can monitor the GPU temps so I thought that might work well?

As far as I am aware yes it can do that.

Associate
OP
Associate
OP
Hey guys a query here.

Can people with flow sensors please post what sort of flow rate they are getting please.

Im getting a bit conserned. when I first built my wc build I was getting around 197-204 ltr.

Now im only getting 133-137ltr is this normal or am I worrying over nothing ?

Cheers

Associate
OP
The loop is brand new not even a week old yet. I was just curious about the amount of difference since I first switched on to now. o ahev been actively trying to bleed air out also. but it seems there was more ltr before I started to bleed. than there is now.

Associate
OP
Just because some may have found it insulting that I suggested you've been a bit silly and turned the pump down. Had to ask to knock out apossible answer.

Only thing I can think of now is maybe by bleeding the system you've actually moved an airlock into a more restrictive area.

Ah no its set to 5.

I was also thinking the same. is there a proven method of bleeding I could perhaps try.

Atm I am taking the cap of my tube res. then slowly tilting the case left, holding it there for a few mins. then tilting the case right then leaving it there for a while.

thanks for the reply

Associate
OP
Well I am having a nightmare bleeding my system. I can see a big air bubble right on the cpu block going towards the out port. and I am sure I have more hense why my flow is getting worse.

Things I have tried to remove it :

Tilting the case left>right>backwords>forwards.
connecting the pump to an external psu: putting the pump speed on full>5.
I have tried putting my pump on the low speed , then tilting the case.
I have disconnected all cables and turned the case upsaide down. layed it down ect ect.
I would not have been bothered if I didn't have a flow meter and I can see my flow rate is getting worse.

Anyone have any ideas or sugestions on shifting them.

I have never had this much trouble bleeding a loop before(I have 2 rads a hardwarelabs nemesis gtx 480, and a hardwarelabs gtx extream 2 360)

cheers

Associate
OP
While the system is on, squeeze the pipe going into your CPU block, let the pressure build then release.... try it on all the pipe work as that usually removes stubborn bubble.

Hi thanks for the reply.

If you checkout the water cooling case gallery. I have put pics up of my build. it would be impossible to do what you suggested worse luck.

Back
Top Bottom