Arcade High Scores! New Game Every Two Weeks

Soldato
Had a couple of goes last night. Got 50 on my first try, with Homer, then about 35 on second go, with Marge.

It's a game I always looked out for, but only ever played a handful of times back in the day. I remember Flambards in Cornwall had it, when I was on holiday there.

I did play it with my son at a retro arcade in Bristol a couple of years ago, though.

Soldato
I'm afraid I don't think I enjoy this game enough to try to beat my score any further.

I played similar games and enjoyed them back in the day but just can't get a feel for this one.

Associate
I'm afraid I don't think I enjoy this game enough to try to beat my score any further.

I played similar games and enjoyed them back in the day but just can't get a feel for this one.
Yeah it's not the best game to play on your own chasing high scores. It is much more fun playing with 2 or more people.

Soldato
OP
Managed 46 with Marge. Lost pretty much all my lives at the first boss! Got defeated just after the spinning teacups. Turned into a one button spam this game.

Early peek at next game

EII6tqdm.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
OP updated with new game.

My final top score on Simpsons was 65, with Homer.

Unfortunately 12 hours too late to include in the biweekly leader board, sorry. I have updated the general leader board further down the OP to include it there!

RULES:
Scores submitted MUST have been achieved and submitted during this period.

Soldato
Ooh Robotron eh. Played this one a fair bit under emulation but not for many years.

Might need to work with a gamepad for this one. The original game as far as I recall had one stick for 8 way movement and another for 8 way firing.

Soldato
46,650 my first score with XBox360 gamepad. Left for movement, right for fire. I'm finding it a bit imprecise.

Tried my arcade stick using buttons as fire direction but that doesn't work too well either.

Back
Top Bottom