Arcane (Netflix series)

I am not normally a fan of animated stuff and know nothing about League of legends, having just watched the 1st 3 episodes I can say that it genuinely blew me away at how much I enjoyed this, great story so far and the animation is superb, easy 8/10 for the 1st 3 episodes.

Associate
I don’t know if it is the voice acting, or the way the animation so closely reflects the words being spoken and emotion being shown, but this series is something else.

A quick note about the music video that is also available as an extra on Netflix. It has some nice fluff scenes that aren’t in the series that show the gang and girls growing up which is worth a look. Only a few minutes long.

The only thing I have really taken issue with is the completely unnecessary Imagine Dragons cameo in episode 5. It was jarring and completely sucked me out of the story seeing them there.

No, Netflix! :mad:

BAD NETFLIX! :mad:

Loving this so far. I can’t wait for the 20th, but I’m also gutted it will be over so quickly.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I don’t know if it is the voice acting, or the way the animation so closely reflects the words being spoken and emotion being shown, but this series is something else.

A quick note about the music video that is also available as an extra on Netflix. It has some nice fluff scenes that aren’t in the series that show the gang and girls growing up which is worth a look. Only a few minutes long.

The only thing I have really taken issue with is the completely unnecessary Imagine Dragons cameo in episode 5. It was jarring and completely sucked me out of the story seeing them there.

No, Netflix! :mad:

BAD NETFLIX! :mad:

Loving this so far. I can’t wait for the 20th, but I’m also gutted it will be over so quickly.
Agreed. We also really enjoyed it. Far exceeded expectations.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Whole thing is done really well. Shame there isn't more stuff being put out like this. One of my favourite films from the past 5 or so years has been Spiderman: Into the spiderverse. Again, amazing style and animation quality mixed with a great use of sound.

Associate
This is a fantastic show, I'm not an anime guy at all, but the quality of animations here are ridiculous and it's nice to see some background on characters I used to play a good 7-10 years ago.

Caporegime
One of the best animations I've ever seen.

Helps I've always loved borderlands type animation.

I think my only criticism is that some of the voices don't seem to match the characters.
I'm thinking mainly caitlyn really.
And sometimes the voice tones don't show the emotion of the scene. Less so for main characters.

Apart from that I love it. The colour, the action scenes, the fast pace, the adult but not sleazy theme.

Just awesome

10/10

Associate
Brilliant.

I did experience some issues with the speech where the audio was ahead or behind of the character’s mouth. The right words were being said/mouthed, but it was out of sync, so perhaps that can be fixed. Adjusting the audio for delay etc didn’t help, because the issue came and went and wasn’t consistent.

We’re getting a second season! :D

fez

fez

Caporegime
Absolutely fantastic. Can't really fault anything with it.

Shame there isn't more truly brilliant high budget animated content being produced. I know that Pixar make good stuff but its very vanilla and boring in the grand scheme of things. This and into the spiderverse have been some of my favourite things in the past few years.

Back
Top Bottom