Arcane (Netflix series)

Just watched the seasons last 3 episodes. Unbelievably good. I didn't want it to end and now I'm glad they've said there is a 2nd season. I just hope it's as good as the first.

We finished watching Arcane tonight, great show. Hope we get season 2 soon. Would love to see more than 9 episodes ext season also.

Watching this makes me watch to play League!
Me too a little. Never did play it, was always a DOTA 2 guy. But those type of games are way too addictive and time consuming, oh and rage inducing :p

I tend to stick to single player games only for the most part. More healthy for me I find :o:D

Just watched the seasons last 3 episodes. Unbelievably good. I didn't want it to end and now I'm glad they've said there is a 2nd season. I just hope it's as good as the first.

Really enjoyed it. The overall style/production/quality of the show is really unique and I hope they stick with it. The universe itself is massive in terms of regions and main characters so I hope this spawns a multi-season deal.

Damn. Forum agreement. Must be awesome.

If people sign up to LoL and this is a success I can't see any reason for more to be churned out.

Some thoughts

I don't think the Ekko we saw is his first incarnation. From his lore:

"With each trial, and so much error, the time-warping device—which Ekko dubbed the Zero Drive—grew more and more stable. The only limit was how many do-overs his body could take before exhaustion set in"

We saw Ekko deploy his Zero Drive when fighting Jinx on the bridge, and later Hermdinger says "how did you achieve this in your lifetime".

Thus, I think Ekko has had a few rewinds before we meet him in the events of Arcane

I’m 4 in. This is actually incredibly good by the usually low standards of something using a game I.P, and it feels like a crime without using the search I had to scroll a bit through Netflix to find it. I’m invested, hope the rest of it is as rewarding.

My knowledge of LoL extends to having only watched the high production value cinematics (used to be into 3D animation and all that jazz so appreciate the artistry) but it’s easy enough to drop straight into and apart from Heimerdinger’s voice feeling off because of how serious the rest of it is, I don’t have any major nit-picks. The level was about what I anticipated for the first couple of episodes then the 3rd was a pleasant surprise as going to darker places means you can explore more… complex themes and elevate beyond pure low-brow entertainment and create something with some substance.

The look is also amazing - it’s so stylised you don’t have to worry about uncanny valley without feeling childish and the level of detail is mad.

Bravo whoever made this.

Last edited:
Done. I particularly want to applaud the writers for managing to make nearly every character feel developed, have their own internal moral struggles and in true ‘the line of good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being’ be a shade of grey rather than truly good or evil. Not an easy feat. This obviously had a lot of care put into it and they better make another season after that ending!

Done. I particularly want to applaud the writers for managing to make nearly every character feel developed, have their own internal moral struggles and in true ‘the line of good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being’ be a shade of grey rather than truly good or evil. Not an easy feat. This obviously had a lot of care put into it and they better make another season after that ending!

The response seems to be overwhelmingly positive so I’m hoping Netflix throw more money at it.

I’m looking forward to it. I hope they don’t rush it to capitalise on the success of season one. I have no reason to believe they will except pessimism, so I’m sure it will be fine.
Bring on the rest of the story!

Cool. I hope they stick with the same characters and have an overall arc for several seasons tbh. I vaguely recall there’s like 100+ characters in LoL and it’d be a shame if it became a carousel type thing trying to jump around and cram people in. Tell a satisfying story with a beginning/middle/end and then start a new story elsewhere in that universe and repeat.

fabulous look to the cgi shaders, make it look like a moving painting. loved the almost subliminal jitter flashes of Jinx's psychosis.

I don't like LoL but I love the lore and world building the game has so I expected this to be a really good show and it is, it's even making me want to go back & play the game even though I know I don't really like it

I don't like LoL but I love the lore and world building the game has so I expected this to be a really good show and it is, it's even making me want to go back & play the game even though I know I don't really like it
If the Riot mmorpg can take arcane (and whatever other stories they have) and package it in a game it will be glorious.

Finished this last night, it's obviously great but I do have concerns about it moving forwards. It feels like every character from LoL has plot armour and with the number of characters they're using that could end up being a big detriment to the show.

Back
Top Bottom