Arch rolling

Associate
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for an arch rolling service local-ish to Windsor.

I've been a bit of a plonker and bought a very nice new sets of wheels and tyres that rub like crazy due to a combination of my cars low-ness (ebay coilovers that came on the car) and the offset of the new wheels.

Here's an image for illustration purposes: http://imgur.com/a/6CWi7

Cheers!

Associate
OP
I'm all for a bit of stance but that's just silly, get some wheels that fit :confused:
Thanks for the reply! Bought them second hand so I can't, unfortunately! Muggins here didn't realise quite how extreme the offset was until they were on the car.

That being said, I could probably remove rubber from rim, sell the wheels and buy another pair.

Cheers!

Associate
OP
Surely to make that legal you're going to have to roll the arches a good couple of inches to the point where it looks utterly ridiculous?

Can't properly tell from the picture though.
To be fair, the pic is a little misleading as the front wheels is turned slightly towards the camera, they actually don't protrude any more than a couple of centimetres from the arches on all four corners. I do agree a couple of inches of roll would look stupid but I don't think i'm anywhere near that level of wide.

Associate
OP
I thought arch rolling was more for if it's catching a bit on the inside, that looks like it needs pulling out quite a lot to be usable. Might be better off cutting the arches out and getting some big 'wide arch' bits riveted on. I quite like the look personally http://cache.bazoomcdn.com/cars/gallery/1/750/563/988-mazda-mx5
Yeah, I had considered that but the thought of having to take a cutting tool to my arches make me pucker :/ Shame because I think they look cool if done subtly, too...

Associate
OP
yeah, he basically has two options

roll + pull, especially on front

or cut out and put flared arches on..

or maybe stretch the tyres to silly levels but then you might as well get new wheels.
Yeah, I honestly didn't expect them to be this bad! I was going off the wheels and tyres that it came with for reference as they fit under the arches without rubbing, look to be the same offset (obviously slightly less, I guess!) and have 195 section tyres (means they are noticeably stretched and it looks a little silly imo).

The new wheels (pictured) look extremely similar in offset (are et0 - idk what the old wheels are) and the new tyres are 205 section so, I thought, wouldn't give me any issues! D'oh!

Associate
OP
How on earth did you get that plate stuck on properly? I tried for about half an hour to stick it on, and I chucked it in the bin in frustration. :p
I don't know mate, the previous owner did all the mods that you see! I think it's just a sticker to be honest - probably not technically legal but I've driven past a few coppers and received any hassle.

Associate
OP
I recon that would have looked ace with an arch roll/pull and lowered a little more on some quality suspension. Only the tread has to be behind the fenders legally too. :p

Though I would say that wouldn't I...
I agree that would have looked pretty cool but I'm scraping on everything as it is (too many speedbumps where I live) and it's driving me nuts!

Associate
OP
I think perhaps a change to 195/45's would make a drastic difference, those tyres look incredibly bulbous.
Can't return the new tyres so I couldn't, even if I wanted to, unfortunately! I think they'll be better suited to the new wheels - I don't really mind how they look just so long as they ride nicely and grip like chewing gum to a woolly jumper! And with et30, they definitely won't be rubbing... I hope...

Back
Top Bottom