Arch rolling

Associate
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for an arch rolling service local-ish to Windsor.

I've been a bit of a plonker and bought a very nice new sets of wheels and tyres that rub like crazy due to a combination of my cars low-ness (ebay coilovers that came on the car) and the offset of the new wheels.

Here's an image for illustration purposes: http://imgur.com/a/6CWi7

Cheers!

Associate
Surely to make that legal you're going to have to roll the arches a good couple of inches to the point where it looks utterly ridiculous?

Can't properly tell from the picture though.

Associate
OP
I'm all for a bit of stance but that's just silly, get some wheels that fit :confused:
Thanks for the reply! Bought them second hand so I can't, unfortunately! Muggins here didn't realise quite how extreme the offset was until they were on the car.

That being said, I could probably remove rubber from rim, sell the wheels and buy another pair.

Cheers!

Associate
OP
Surely to make that legal you're going to have to roll the arches a good couple of inches to the point where it looks utterly ridiculous?

Can't properly tell from the picture though.
To be fair, the pic is a little misleading as the front wheels is turned slightly towards the camera, they actually don't protrude any more than a couple of centimetres from the arches on all four corners. I do agree a couple of inches of roll would look stupid but I don't think i'm anywhere near that level of wide.

Soldato
Can you not resell them second hand? Shouldn't be too hard on various Facebook groups or forums.

You will spend more ruining your arches or replacing the suspension and will still look silly

Soldato
To be fair, the pic is a little misleading as the front wheels is turned slightly towards the camera, they actually don't protrude any more than a couple of centimetres from the arches on all four corners. I do agree a couple of inches of roll would look stupid but I don't think i'm anywhere near that level of wide.

I'd say get in touch with a place that does it..

seen these http://www.styledynamics.co.uk/

recommended.. and "arch enemy" was floating around a while ago..

Soldato
I thought arch rolling was more for if it's catching a bit on the inside, that looks like it needs pulling out quite a lot to be usable. Might be better off cutting the arches out and getting some big 'wide arch' bits riveted on. I quite like the look personally http://cache.bazoomcdn.com/cars/gallery/1/750/563/988-mazda-mx5

yeah, he basically has two options

roll + pull, especially on front

or cut out and put flared arches on..

or maybe stretch the tyres to silly levels but then you might as well get new wheels.

Associate
OP
I thought arch rolling was more for if it's catching a bit on the inside, that looks like it needs pulling out quite a lot to be usable. Might be better off cutting the arches out and getting some big 'wide arch' bits riveted on. I quite like the look personally http://cache.bazoomcdn.com/cars/gallery/1/750/563/988-mazda-mx5
Yeah, I had considered that but the thought of having to take a cutting tool to my arches make me pucker :/ Shame because I think they look cool if done subtly, too...

Associate
OP
yeah, he basically has two options

roll + pull, especially on front

or cut out and put flared arches on..

or maybe stretch the tyres to silly levels but then you might as well get new wheels.
Yeah, I honestly didn't expect them to be this bad! I was going off the wheels and tyres that it came with for reference as they fit under the arches without rubbing, look to be the same offset (obviously slightly less, I guess!) and have 195 section tyres (means they are noticeably stretched and it looks a little silly imo).

The new wheels (pictured) look extremely similar in offset (are et0 - idk what the old wheels are) and the new tyres are 205 section so, I thought, wouldn't give me any issues! D'oh!

Back
Top Bottom