Are all the claims for a 5.1 jailbreak rubbish

Soldato
Right, I want to jailbreak my 4s, but am I right in thinking that when IOS6 is released, i'll be stuck with my jailbreak for a few months before I can use the "benefits" of IOS6?

Soldato
Anyone got a decent list of things to have on a jailbroken phone? I've done a few searches, and i've got the "main" ones that most websites show as "top 10" or whatever.

Much appreciated!

activator - set up areas to activate certain tasks, tweaks, apps
Deck - quick toggles and favourites via activator action
Springtomize 2 - customise iphone
Winterboard - theme engine
-Aycon theme
CallBar - notifcation bar sized incoming call bar
Cydelete - delete cydia apps from springboard
FolderEnhancer - folder function extender
Lock Info - information on lock screen
Password Pilot - auto save password for app store, find my friends etc
iProtect - lock down certain apps with code
TetherMe - free tethering
Stride - Cool draw to unlock code
Zeppelin - Change carrier logo
BiteSMS - brings quick reply window to text messages and so much more
byta font - changes the fonts of the iphone
gridlock - position apps on springboard
multiiconmover - move multipue apps around springboard
swipe selection - swipe on keyboard to move curser
ToneFX 2 Pro - Change every iphone sound with winter board

Those are some of the THE best I believe. I always have them installed. There are numerous others though.

DashboardX - widgets on springboard
IntelliscreenX - custom not centre
Speakevents - Siri to talk to you whenever your phone is in a particular state or you get a notification

Soldato
Just installed Deck and am in love with it. I disable spotlight anyway as I never use it so have Deck set to come in on the left side when i swipe in from the left onto the screen - brilliant.

Much cleaner than the SBS settings and that always annoyed me how the icons don't line up neatly in notification centre

Jhonny - you can change carrier name in Springtomize rather than use another app to do it (Zepplin)

Just installed Deck and am in love with it. I disable spotlight anyway as I never use it so have Deck set to come in on the left side when i swipe in from the left onto the screen - brilliant.

Much cleaner than the SBS settings and that always annoyed me how the icons don't line up neatly in notification centre

Jhonny - you can change carrier name in Springtomize rather than use another app to do it (Zepplin)
So I believe but on earier releases of springtomize it never worked for me.

Associate
Does anyone know of any decent widgets? Like HTC clock, animated weather etc

What would i need to get them? I have winterboard and DashboardX but the widgets ive seen arnt very good.

Anyone know of any other widgets that really look good and that i can position myself? I do have gridlock installed too.

Soldato
I am on 5.0.1(Jailbreaked) and I tried to download the 5.1.1 update but whenever I try and install it there is always an error and it doesn't work. Do you need to unjailbreak it before you can update? If so then how do I do it without losing all my pictures, videos, apps etc.

Associate
I am on 5.0.1(Jailbreaked) and I tried to download the 5.1.1 update but whenever I try and install it there is always an error and it doesn't work. Do you need to unjailbreak it before you can update? If so then how do I do it without losing all my pictures, videos, apps etc.
What is the error that usually comes up? You won't need to unjailbreak it, Chances are if you unjailbreak it, The same error will come up.

Soldato
I can't get the 'kill all apps' working using deck tho :confused:

Works fine for me? It won't kill an app if that app is running when you activate deck. It will only kill all apps when activated from home screen

Still can't get this working :mad: so am I right in thinking to close all running apps. You use deck 'kill all apps' on the iPhone homescreen and all apps are removed from the tray?

Soldato
Does JB unlock your phone?

I'm with o2 and moving to giffgaff next week so need to unlock my handset, I purchased the handset from eBay which was listed under an o2 contract, completed the o2 online form for unlocking but had nothing back as yet so looking at other options in the mean time

Associate
Does JB unlock your phone?

I'm with o2 and moving to giffgaff next week so need to unlock my handset, I purchased the handset from eBay which was listed under an o2 contract, completed the o2 online form for unlocking but had nothing back as yet so looking at other options in the mean time

Can't answer the unlock question, but GiffGaff actually use the O2 network, so you don't need to unlock (or pay to do so even). Only thing you do need to do is add the profile for GiffGaff internet settings and you're laughing after that....

Everyone else: with regard to JailBreak (on topic in terms of this thread), I do it for SBSettings and Sparrow+ and that's about it, as even just push email for Sparrow was worth Jailbreaking for. I pay for games and apps and certainly don't bother with ripping stuff using other repositories!

Back
Top Bottom