Poll: Are white trainers cool or uncool

Are the white trainers cool or uncool

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Who cares?

The only time I wear trainers is when I'm exercising, otherwise it's a pair of shoes or boots.

Just do whatever you're comfortable with.

Soldato
If you're wearing something as part of the exact same ensemble in the exact same context as James Bond, then it's cool.
Anything else, and you're a dweeb just like the rest of humanity.

Soldato
Who cares lol

White gets really dirty really quickly anyway mine are all black or mostly so
Why do you care this much? Just buy whatever you want.
Who cares?

The only time I wear trainers is when I'm exercising, otherwise it's a pair of shoes or boots.

Just do whatever you're comfortable with.
You guys are aware that fashion is a multi-billion dollar industry, almost entirely built upon what makes you feel good which typically is what you think other people will think you look good in?

Just because it is a throwaway topic to you doesn't make it any less invalid of a question.

I personally would cross the street if I saw someone approaching me in khaki jean-cut chinos and M&S whities /s :p

Capodecina
Soldato
You guys are aware that fashion is a multi-billion dollar industry, almost entirely built upon what makes you feel good which typically is what you think other people will think you look good in

As long as it looks natural on you, which is why it's generally best to go for something which you like. That can be something fashionable or not, but the main thing if that you like it because you like the look of it, not just because you think you will look cool in it.

I could wear e.g. white Air Force Ones and blue jeans, which are 'cool' on paper, but I would look like a total moron. It's not my style at all.

Soldato
You guys are aware that fashion is a multi-billion dollar industry, almost entirely built upon what makes you feel good which typically is what you think other people will think you look good in?

A multi-billion dollar industry it might be, but I wouldn't want to spend more than five minutes in a room with anyone that obsessed over it.

Reminder that this goes for "luxury fashion" and retails at £700 for just the shirt over on the Gucci website:

wtf.jpg

As stated by @Lysander, go for what you are comfortable/look good in.

Soldato
As long as it looks natural on you, which is why it's generally best to go for something which you like. That can be something fashionable or not, but the main thing if that you like it because you like the look of it, not just because you think you will look cool in it.

I could wear e.g. white Air Force Ones and blue jeans, which are 'cool' on paper, but I would look like a total moron. It's not my style at all.
A multi-billion dollar industry it might be, but I wouldn't want to spend more than five minutes in a room with anyone that obsessed over it.

Reminder that this goes for "luxury fashion" and retails at £700 for just the shirt over on the Gucci website:

wtf.jpg

As stated by @Lysander, go for what you are comfortable/look good in.
See, so you both do care. OP is asking for advice on whether he "look good in".

Not sure how you came to use the word obsessed, the chap has spent 30 quid on some M&S trainers lol. You'll blow a load if you see the see through toe cap Nike's being bought in the "today I purchased" thread :p

Associate
I think whatever colour you choose is good as long as you like it, and its comfortable. At the end of the day, you are the one wearing them not anyone else. Will just be a pain keeping them clean

Soldato
They're pretty cool, what I like to do is get white hi-tops and then don't lace them all the way up but instead hold the top part tight with a nice gucci belt on each shoe.

It gets expensive to buy 2 belts for each pair of shoes I own but I'm earning a lot so it's not hard

Soldato
See, so you both do care. OP is asking for advice on whether he "look good in".

Not sure how you came to use the word obsessed, the chap has spent 30 quid on some M&S trainers lol. You'll blow a load if you see the see through toe cap Nike's being bought in the "today I purchased" thread :p

I wasn't particularly speaking of the OP, rather those who are overly invested in the fashion industry.

I have shoes and boots that cost me £100-200 for example, so I'm not adverse to spending money if I feel it's worth it. I'm just not particularly fussed as to what people think outside of extremes, extremes such as looking like a clown in thousands of pounds worth of Gucci tat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom