Poll: are you looking forward to the olympics?

Looking forward to Olympics?

• Total voters
Man of Honour
I'll save most of my ranting until it happens - I'll almost be able to see it from where I live, so I'll be sure to rant and let you all know if my life has been rendered miserable by it or not! :p

Soldato
Olympic torch at the bottom of my road today!

olympic3.jpg

:D

Nearly got run over by a policeman on a motorbike this morning as well.

Soldato
[DOD]Asprilla;21978725 said:
Not sure why they asked him but sports stars and regular people are carrying the torch. There are 8,000 torch bearers in total.

does everyone get their own torch? how have some people been selling them?

what a waste of cash! why not force them all to use the same one then sell it for charity. im sure some rich sod would pay well over the odds for it.

Soldato
does everyone get their own torch? how have some people been selling them?

what a waste of cash! why not force them all to use the same one then sell it for charity. im sure some rich sod would pay well over the odds for it.

Everyone gets their own and they have to pay for them if they want to keep them (although they don't pay full cost).

AFAIK the ones that are for sale are donating the funds to charity.

Associate
It does not even come close to the World Cup which brings a whole country together, the Olympics brings London together only, does nothing for other areas apart from cheap tacky Olympic merchandise.

Only part i will watch is opening ceremony just to see how the hell they are gonna top China's ceremony in 2008 which was amazing, i see us ballsing it up, with some crappy London bus display team :)

Caporegime
The poll should be redone and the question should be, 'Looking forward to the Olympics being in London / UK?'

Looking forward to Olympics?

Yes of course, always am. The elite and the best fighting it out, it's always going to be awesome. Obviously have my preferred sports but I'll watch as much and anything that I can.

Looking forward to the Olympics being in London / UK?

Not really too bothered. The transport concerns don't mean anything to me because I don't live in London. It's probably a given that the ceremonies will be appalling (because this is the UK etc etc), so low expectations there especially when it comes to comparing against what China did. Ticketing nonsense, sure I'm disappointed that I didn't get anything but then again, traveling to London, paying insane prices to stay in a **** hole hotel doesn't really appeal when I can just watch what I want, when I want on the tellybox.

Soldato
[DOD]Asprilla;21982463 said:
Everyone gets their own and they have to pay for them if they want to keep them (although they don't pay full cost).

AFAIK the ones that are for sale are donating the funds to charity.

oh, fair play then. i wondered how it works. 8000 or so of them wouldnt be cheap!

at least the cash is going to good causes, hopefully.

Man of Honour
It does not even come close to the World Cup which brings a whole country together, the Olympics brings London together only, does nothing for other areas apart from cheap tacky Olympic merchandise.

Doesn't the World Cup just bring together the football fans of the country? The proportion of people who would watch the Team GB competing at athletics might not be all that different to those who would choose to watch England or Ireland/Wales/Scotland (assuming we ever qualify again...) play football.

Back
Top Bottom