Arma 3: Exile mod (how overpoch should be)

Soldato
I was going to post this in Arma 3, but if you take some time to view the video you'll understand why this needs its own thread.

RELEASES IN 2 DAYS!!! THOSE WANTING TO HAVE A BLAST - Join our TS 85.236.100.139:10507

Those who enjoyed Overpoch etc will be blown away by how this looks so early on! the sheer level of detail that looks to have gone into this is UNREAL!!

Same principles:

http://www.exilemod.com/

Step #1
Spawn Zone Selection (easy meet up with mate)
Parachute Drop (Easy meet up with mates)
Spawn Zone Vehicles (Easy access to rest of map)

Step #2
Loot Buildings
Eat and Drink
Gear up

Step #3
Gather Resources
Construct Shelter
Control Territories

Sorry for it being PsiSyndicate, but mute him and watch:

Swearing in video - stulid.

THOSE WANTED TO PLAY THIS.

I cant suggested more highly than to use CCG gaming. I've been gaming on these servers for some time and they really are top notch!

You dont need to worry about downloading the mod, down load their launcher and way to go. Those their servers are always full!

http://customcombatgaming.com/forums...age/index.html

Failing that, another VERY good server to play on OCUK's very on MGT servers.

http://www.mgtrolls.eu/

All added to OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
OP
They are releasing on Altis but you can change it to another map yourself if you know what you are doing.

I wish somebody could release a mod on Taviana.... that map is amazing!!!

Fair enough in sp/coop but the whole cheesing it behind a wall and being able to see exactly where the other player is while you remain completely hidden is ridiculous for pvp.

You can always use The Fourth Wall so you can still use your 3rd person but you can't cheese it.

Never seen that before, i'd be happy with that.

Soldato
OP
THOSE WANTED TO PLAY THIS.

I cant suggested more highly than to use CCG gaming. I've been gaming on these servers for some time and they really are top notch!

You dont need to worry about downloading the mod, down load their launcher and way to go. Those their servers are always full!

http://customcombatgaming.com/forums/index.php?/page/index.html

Failing that, another VERY good server to play on OCUK's very on MGT servers.

http://www.mgtrolls.eu/

All added to OP.

Soldato
OP
Ah for **** sake.... Who let DG in here!!!

http://acp-cdn.vilayer.com/exile/@Exile-0.9.18.zip

Looks good so far, looks like there's only one trader though?

That will change. Now its been released, people like CCG will work on it and improve it!

This mod is heading in the right direction one way or another! Got a full morning on it tomorrow CANT WAIT!!

Soldato
OP
Certainly does seem quite well made so far.

Looking at the server list makes me cry though. Day Only/Start with weapon/High Loot/High Vehicle spawn etc. Already stripping out any survival elements and making it like Battlefield.

Na i get that. Everything has moved on since dayz Vaninla. a lot of my clan mates wont touch Arma because of walking sim. The main thing with this is the instant action or meet up with friends.

Xcept you are what BIS makes arma for. The rest want RL/immersive game play. Not hours of walking to find a broken a AK and half a mag.

Soldato
OP
had a quick go earlier could be good fun.:D

goes hunting for goon ;)

/Leaves

how do you group up ? so you can see whos who ?

Click "6", open settings "yes" to 8g network.... Go back in to x8 (ipad) start group/accept group invite.

And no DG, "could be fun"..... No, its GOING to be absolutely outstanding. Feels like a properly made Dayz SA without the Z'd!

Goodbye life!

Soldato
OP
Haha love the 'how Overpoch should be' in the title.

The mod looks great, wonder if it will get me off Breaking Point for a bit...

Lol, i think so! It does track your kill stats, when you kill someone it pops up with +100 + what ever distance you got as a bonus. Its like battlefield haha. That then is feed back to your ipad stats page.

I wouldn't rush over just yet, give it a few months if you have something to play. Its still bare bones, but bare bones with more detail and working functions than any other mod. Missions are due in soon and whole bunch of other stuff. Not to mention the guys at CCG have already ported the mod to Cherno (thats where we play)... Server is rammed tho 24/7.

So excited. Absolutely love the Arma games!

Soldato
OP
Sorry to hear that Xcept.

Playing on the CCG servers myself. Haven't had anything yet, but the guy who created Overpoch is working on a custom build of Excile. So judging on what he did to A2 Epoch... I'm stick there :D.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
Or keep it simple, stick to one server host/community server and use their launcher :D

As i've constantly brown nosed... I only play on CCG, i no longer have to install this and that... i click join and it auto updates!

Life is easy when you're a nub :D

Soldato
OP
nothing really good about them it just where franky mainly plays now so fan boys follow.

Dont listen to this guy, literally is the worlds number 1 fanboi.... Finds a game he likes, tells everyone he was best mates with the dev!

Its nothing to do with Frankie playing on the servers. Frankie hasn't played Arma 3 on any CCG servers for ages.

I play there because:

* Simple launcher which downloads everything i need
* Solid server support
* Great relabile servers.
* Paid for perks (safes)
* The group leader is very very good at giving people what they want from a mod.
* Very active community

Not because Frankie plays there..... And the fact frankie plays there is another testament to how well the servers are run.

Back
Top Bottom