*** ArmA II Thread - OA, CO, PMC, BAF ***

Soldato
Here's a little guide for getting ACRE working.

1. Download this and install.

2. Download this and extract files to AO directory.

2.1. Within the above zip, go to ACRE\plugins and extract the relevant .DLL into your teamspeak 3 plugins folder.

2.2. Open teamspeak with administrative privileges > settings > plugins > make sure ACRE plugin is enabled.

3. If you're using steam add the following to the "launch options" for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead:
-mod=@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_oa;@JayArma2Lib;@acre otherwise add that to your shortcut.

4. Open combined operations/steam with administrative privileges.

5. The key binding used to transmit over the ACRE radio defaults to the same as the in-game chat so remove the keybinding for push to talk within the controls.

If someone follows these steps and it works please let me know. We had a bit of hassle getting it working last night so I might be overlooking something.

Last edited:
Soldato
Guys Ive never played ARMA II and Im craving a milsim since so bored of cartoon-play of COD etc.

But Ive just read news of ARMA III demo @ E3.

Should I just hold out for that or is it still worth jumping into II? Some reviews have said its pretty buggy?

Thanks guys.

Soldato
we need bigger teams, couldnt get on your one last night. Fancy a bit of flying myself, might try out the choppers tonight. im almost 70% sure I wont crash them.

Associate
Terrible game.

Glitchy, buggy and boring.

I think when games are too realistic it saps all the fun out of playing it.

If you can get a squad to work together it's fun, but that's too far and few between. Most people just lone wolf. The awkward movement and lack of responsiveness in the controls really ****es me off.

Soldato
Terrible game.

Glitchy, buggy and boring.

I think when games are too realistic it saps all the fun out of playing it.

Youre just talking about two different styles of games. Some people enjoy CSS/BF3, some people enjoy ARMA/WWIIOL style. One truth about the reality sims, you get what you put in. If you want it all handed to you and be up and running getting kills in 30 seconds, then yah, probably not your style.

I enjoy both, depending what mood im in, but currently the DayZ/ARMA type reality is king.

Permabanned
Youre just talking about two different styles of games. Some people enjoy CSS/BF3, some people enjoy ARMA/WWIIOL style. One truth about the reality sims, you get what you put in. If you want it all handed to you and be up and running getting kills in 30 seconds, then yah, probably not your style.

I enjoy both, depending what mood im in, but currently the DayZ/ARMA type reality is king.

Exactly.

Just my opinion :D

Its one of them games that I'd really like to enjoy, just can't seem to get into it...

Soldato
Nah, its just not his type of game. But then again have you tried Dayz Sleeve? A LOT of people have found it enjoyable and it will teach you the mechanics of ARMA. Once you get those down to pat, the rest falls into place.

Soldato
Using acres as night with sniffy rob and keys was awesome..

Ok, we didn't use it the way some people say to use it, ie use direct chat when close to each other, meaning we used it for every comms... It certainly did bring a certain something to the game..

Can't wait to use it properly, with a squad leader using the high powered radio to call to aircraft etc from ten other side of the map..

Edit

Something wrong with the server? at work at the moment!

Associate
Using acres as night with sniffy rob and keys was awesome..

Ok, we didn't use it the way some people say to use it, ie use direct chat when close to each other, meaning we used it for every comms... It certainly did bring a certain something to the game..

Can't wait to use it properly, with a squad leader using the high powered radio to call to aircraft etc from ten other side of the map..

Edit

Something wrong with the server? at work at the moment!

Lots of nice american toys which is good.....only 4 lives for the mission, few people on at the moment, but only Matty on TS.

Soldato
Cool mate...

I tried it this morning for five minutes before work... Bit of a relief actually knowing where to go!

Will be on tonight around 8ish...

Back
Top Bottom