Arrival (2016).

Soldato
Denis Villeneuve...i'm in.

Sicario is my favourite movie of last year and immensely enjoyed Prisoners as well. Can't wait to see what he does with Bladerunner 2.

Soldato
This looks better than the trailer for Interstellar, and I was really looking forward to that when I first it!

Permabanned
Booked ticket for first showing on Thursday morning. So excited! Denis Villeneuve is one of my favourite Directors and Sicario was without a doubt my movie of last year.

Permabanned
looking forward to this, however not to hyped, as so many films like this are so badly done.

I can't think of many box office sci fi's that have been particularly bad in recent memory. If they have, it's usually because they have average credits to there name eg. Roland Emmerich and the like.

Soldato
OK, I did enjoy it - but, I'm not sure it is neccessarily the film everyone thinks it might be.
Obviously no spoiler, but the Sc-Fi is a shell to something else.
It is interesting...confusing at first with flashbacks and the like, but enjoyable.
We don't get a situation where man can suddenly speak to aliens after two hours, etc.
Well acted, cast minimal but done well and believeable. I think I read somewhere there is science behind the ideas, and that shows.

It is a good watch.

Associate
I was supposed to go to an Unlimited preview last night but decided against it. I recently read the story is was based on, Story of Your Life by Ted Chiang, and was less than impressed. Might catch it at a later date.

Associate
I really enjoyed it. I love films which touch on the more mind bending aspects of reality, like interstellar. This film just makes my think there's something fundamental missing from me. Maybe I've just watched too much Star Trek. Ha ha!

Soldato
I saw it tonight - really enjoyed it, not your conventional sci-fi film packed with explosions and slime, much more constructive with a good dose of science (albeit science aimed at the masses)

I rekon the 8.5/10 IMDB gives it is spot on, a must see if you like sci-fi, :)

Back
Top Bottom