5) Tokyo Story (1953)
6) Seven Samurai (1954)
7) Pather Panchali (1955)
8) The 400 Blows (1959)
9) 8 ½ (1963)
10) Playtime (1967)
11) War and Peace (1968)
12) Aguirre, The Wrath of God (1972)
13) The Discreet Charm Of The Bourgeoisie (1972)
14) Amarcord (1974)
15) Fanny and Alexander (1982)
16) Ran (1985)
17) Au Revoir, Les Enfants (1987)
18) Close-Up (1990)
19) Raise The Red Lantern (1991)
20) Central Station (1998)
21) In The Mood For Love (2000)
22) Y Tu Mama Tambien (2001)
23) Talk To Her (2002)
24) The Death of Mr. Lazarescu (2005)
25) The Lives Of Others (2006)

You seem to have not included a Melville :o

Soldato
Easyrider telling people their opinion is wrong - I don't believe it :D

Personally I didn't like the film that much, call it a 3/10 at best. I could kind of see what they were trying to do with the 1st half but I felt the 2nd half wasn't conveyed in a way that made much logical sense to me. I thought the performances were well acted, the cinematography was extremely well done and the film felt very well made but the main problem for me lay in the way the story was put before me by the director. It struck me as one of those polarising films where some will see it as a work of genius while for others like myself it'll pass by without leaving any trace and yet there doesn't seem to be many "middle ground" viewers.

Soldato
Sainsbury's had an offer of Blu-Ray plus book for £15 and given that I had been willing to watch in the cinema but couldn't find the time I thought I'd get it and watch it with SWMBO.

Wow, I really liked this movie. It's nice to watch films with a slower more deliberate pacing. Loved the acting the visuals the concept all in all I was really pleased with this film and even if I never watch it again it was £15 well spent.

Associate
Sainsbury's had an offer of Blu-Ray plus book for £15 and given that I had been willing to watch in the cinema but couldn't find the time I thought I'd get it and watch it with SWMBO.

Wow, I really liked this movie. It's nice to watch films with a slower more deliberate pacing. Loved the acting the visuals the concept all in all I was really pleased with this film and even if I never watch it again it was £15 well spent.
That's exactly my experience, spooky.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
It is my belief that this hugely under appreciated movie will be presented by the next generation of film makers as the prime inspiration of their future oscar achievements.

There are several moments in this picture that stand out as mini etudes, and would defend themselves as shorts. The passing of time scene that happens right after the initial credits for example. Less than 3 minutes in total. Four key sentences. Come back to me. I love you. I hate you. Come back to me. By god, there is more brilliance, thought and ability to dismantle your audience down to prime feelings in those three minutes than any of the 2017 Academy Awards nominees managed to fit on the list all together. The way those three minutes are shown, down to grading and tone, music and recording. I was breathless. And that's just the initial three minutes.

This movie was robbed of its place in cinema history on almost every level this year. And even D i c k Tracy screwing up the ball for La La Land kitsch doesn't make up for it. (btw, can you believe that OCUK has short name for Robert (as in D. Cheney, Philip K. D) censored?)

Back
Top Bottom