Ashes of creation.

Permabanned
Soldato
On paper it does look very good, been following progress for a while now. Having said that I'm going to wait until after release and see how the game is (and more importantly, how the player base matures) before committing.

I dunno though - feels like MMOs like this have had their day in the sun.

Man of Honour
Neither Ashes of Creation or New World are the right MMO for me, I'm waiting on Pantheon which in all honesty, after 24 years of playing MMOs, will likely be my final one.

Associate
OP
I think it only feels like mmos have had their day is because WoW kind of killed all the others and then they went pay to win which is obviously rubbish.

I think a decent game will bring people back to the genre.

Soldato
Can I just say that I ******* hate it when people can't even be bothered to embed the video when they start threads like this. And AsMONGold is a div of the highest order.

Associate
New World - played the beta - it was crap. No way can they polish that sufficiently in the time they had between beta and release.

Tend to agree with those that think MMO's have run their course.

Soldato
Tend to agree with those that think MMO's have run their course.

I don't think they have, people are waiting for the right MMO to come. No microtransaction that gives pay to win (level boots, gold, any char buff etc) and a game that you can sunk hundreds of hours into whilst having fun without gated content, artificial systems, Japanese weeb **** among a few other systems you find in current MMOs.

New World was the closest thing to that but the closer to release the more it seems it won't be the MMO people are waiting for.

Associate
Amongold is a 'character' he plays which can be pretty irritating, but his streams as Zack that I have caught have been more tolerable. Insinuating he's a '****' is a stretch, he can be incredibly articulate and is very knowledgable. You may not like him, but grow up.

When it comes to AoC, for a start its at least 2 years away from release and doesn't seem to be doing anything interesting in the MMO genre, I'll definately be skipping it.

Associate
OP
Can I just say that I ******* hate it when people can't even be bothered to embed the video when they start threads like this. And AsMONGold is a div of the highest order.
Aww did you have to click a link. If you cared so much you should have made the thread yourself. But as you have nothing to say about the game you probably didn't even know it existed and aren't interested. Whinge elsewhere.

Associate
OP
You have to remember that MMOs are the most complex and costly games there are to make and require significant time to produce. Over 5 years for a decent one and then continued development throughout the life of the game. I think they have a great plan and ideas. But yes it needs finishing.

I will wait for beta 1 or 2 before taking the plunge. You do get game time with the game cost also.

If you aren't prepared to pay £10 a month then you don't deserve to play the best type of games that there are.

Last edited:
Associate
You have to remember that MMOs are the most complex and costly games there are to make and require significant time to produce. Over 5 years for a decent one and then continued development throughout the life of the game. I think they have a great plan and ideas. But yes it needs finishing.

I will wait for beta 1 or 2 before taking the plunge. You do get game time with the game cost also.

If you aren't prepared to pay £10 a month then you don't deserve to play the best type of games that there are.

The problem is of course - being expected to pay £10 a month for the same old stuff we haev seen many many times before - I saw nothing in New World that hadnt been done (and better) elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom