Ashley Cole shoots fan, 21

Associate
Oh, won't someone PLEASE think of the children?! :rolleyes:

Yes, he's been a tit, but why do people have to add emotion to any argument by including children and/or mothers pushing pushchairs?

Because it's a fact of life. Children look up to their elders, and if the elders are being *********, then the children follow suit. Ever wondered why the country has had a growing discipline problem amongst kids when they stopped people being able to give them a clip round the ear for being naughty?

I digress though...

Associate
Because it's a fact of life. Children look up to their elders, and if the elders are being *********, then the children follow suit. Ever wondered why the country has had a growing discipline problem amongst kids when they stopped people being able to give them a clip round the ear for being naughty?

I digress though...

Get away. Kids know the difference between right and wrong if their parents teach them it. Some stranger doing something the kids don't actually see doesn't influence kids as much as the papers like to make out. Otherwise the papers need to stop reporting it, so the kids don't know what goes on, all for the greater good of society.

Caporegime

I digress though...

Are you serious, I mean really, re-read what you just wrote.

Children look up to and follow in the footsteps of their elders/parents.

Is it any wonder that since parents/elders stopped hitting their kids violence has increased.

I'm paraphrasing, but discipline hasn't worsened, violent crime generally has though. You're argueing two COMPLETELY different things combining them and making a stupid statement.

Firstly people have "played" with real guns for centuries, even as kids, without them turning into bad people. AS the saying goes, guns don't kill people, people do. A gun is just a tool, kids have been playing with fake guns for as long as anyone can remember, before that it was arrows, and other weapons, thats life, people play.

Either way, great story, Cole's a moron, they should fire him over something like that, ridiculous, completely and utterly innappropriate behaviour in the workplace, both being reckless with a high powered air gun, and taking one into work in the first place. But if you fire him, you end up losing millions in his value, in buying a replacement, etc, etc. A football club just loses way to much by firing someone like that.

Associate
Either way, great story, Cole's a moron, they should fire him over something like that, ridiculous, completely and utterly innappropriate behaviour in the workplace, both being reckless with a high powered air gun, and taking one into work in the first place. But if you fire him, you end up losing millions in his value, in buying a replacement, etc, etc. A football club just loses way to much by firing someone like that.

They could sack him and do what they did to Mutu.

Associate
Are you serious, I mean really, re-read what you just wrote.

Children look up to and follow in the footsteps of their elders/parents.

Is it any wonder that since parents/elders stopped hitting their kids violence has increased.

I'm paraphrasing, but discipline hasn't worsened, violent crime generally has though. You're argueing two COMPLETELY different things combining them and making a stupid statement.

Firstly people have "played" with real guns for centuries, even as kids, without them turning into bad people. AS the saying goes, guns don't kill people, people do. A gun is just a tool, kids have been playing with fake guns for as long as anyone can remember, before that it was arrows, and other weapons, thats life, people play.

Yes, kids have messed with guns for years. I used to have a toy gun as a kid too. I don't remember loading it, taking it into school and shooting someone with it. Accidental or otherwise. And if I had, I'd have expected to get in big trouble (well, my parents would have done. As I would have been a minor). [edit - I do remember turning it round and whacking my big sister with it because she was tormenting me, and I got seriously bollocked for it :eek: - I was age 5 at the time.]
Kids seeing adults in high profile "circles" getting away with that kind of thing isn't exactly going to stop them doing it is it?

Dabbles is right about the media. They should only report what the public need to know. Works in some countries. Unfortunately, the media knows Cole is a idiot, so they publicise every stupid thing he does. I think firing him is possibly over the top, but he should be made an example of in the eyes of the law.

As for the kids being how their parents intended for them to turn out - are you [not aimed directly at anyone - this is purely rhetorical] saying you never did anything wrong as a kid? Never stole sweets from a shop? Drew on a wall? Not as serious as the issue on this thread, but I'm sure your parents wouldn't have wanted you to do any of that. Kids do things for other reasons. Peer pressure etc. Sometimes it's the kids from the most privileged backgrounds who end up the most troublesome.

As a parent of 4 myself (my eldest at university), you teach them as best you can. But when they go out of the house without you, you hope you've taught them enough. Sometimes it's just not enough. Some kids are impressionable, some kids are easily led. Some kids also think they know how everything works and "poo-poo" what the parent tells them otherwise. This is what I'm getting at. My context may not have been that great though, on re-reading my previous post, I see that now.

Soldato
pea - shooter? :D

A weapon doesnt have to be leathal or even offensive (armour is classified as a weapon I believe)

definition from google : any instrument or instrumentality used in fighting or hunting

Compensation for the person injured - especially with signing an NDA and that will probably be the end of it , AC may miss tomorrow's game but I wouldnt be too surprised to see him on the pitch also

AC seems to enjoy looking like a complete **** in the public's eyes

Associate
Monday 28 February 2011 by Andrew Driscoll

Ashley Cole urged to help Torres with shooting practise

Reports that Ashley Cole successfully shot work experience student Tom Cowan from about six yards out have filled the Chelsea dressing room with excitement.

Cole, 30, who holds the title as England’s most capped full back, was immediately called back to the training ground by Carlos Ancelotti to work with troubled striker Fernando Torres.

“The news that Ashley hit the target from five foot, accidental or not, filled me with joy,” the Italian said.

“At the moment Fernando is having trouble from about just about every distance so Ashley could be the perfect man to help him practise his shooting.”

Ashley Cole Shooting
Torres, who so far in his Chelsea career has looked like the biggest waste of £50m since the last Eddie Murphy film, has yet to find the net for Chelsea and looks even more fed up than he did trudging around the Premier League’s mid-table for Liverpool.

Cowan, when quizzed on the lent his support to Cole. “I didn’t expect him to hit me from there, and I was able to put into practise what I’d already learnt from Didier Drogba in the way I went to the floor.”

It’s understood no action will be taken against Cole as the entire Chelsea squad surrounded the attending police officer, reassuring him that nothing that happened and insisting he check with the guy stood at the sidelines who saw everything.

Football fan Mike Williams said, “I’ll be honest, when I heard Ashley Cole had been involved in a shooting incident I got quite excited, but this is worst possible outcome I could have imagined.”

Associate
attachment.php

haha

Soldato
this is such rubbish not even much of a story these stupid things happen god knows why it was at a training ground or who even brought it in but its been blown up massively

"Chelsea in crisis" "Chelsea losing control" yawwn

Permabanned
this is such rubbish not even much of a story these stupid things happen god knows why it was at a training ground or who even brought it in but its been blown up massively

"Chelsea in crisis" "Chelsea losing control" yawwn

LoL :D

Go into your work and shoot a work experience kid and see what happens.

Blown up massively, he's shot a kid ffs!

Back
Top Bottom