Asking OC CS to build cost

Soldato
Tbh we don't know what the op asked for. Could be a simple build or even a duel gpu watercooled rig. So based on that £130 seems a lot and also cheap.

Permabanned
Positive.

Id say its steap! if you pick one of their systems you can amend it and then you dont have to pay the £130 i think.

Im waiting for them to reply to me.

I was shocked myself, but this includes 2 years collect and return warranty.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
that is actually very reasonable when you factor in testing time. obviously, pricing for completely bespoke systems will generate all sorts of quotes. it depends how much margin is in each product you choose for the system.

for example, if you pick a load of products that are rich in margin, we are able to charge you less for the build charge as the margin of the products consumes a lot of the build charge.

8 hours stress testing needs to be accounted for, this is based on successful stress testing. if a component fails, we fault find it for you and the stress testing starts from scratch again.

then you need to account for our system builders time. at OCUK, unlike many other companies, the guy who builds your system is an enthusiast and your system gets built just like they are building their own. time, effort and care go into each system to make sure they are presented to the customer in an attractive way.
not only that but the builder then goes on to configure, install and stress test the system they build. this creates accountability within our build team and means that everyone does a great job.
this translates into a guarantee that you as a customer get an awesome system, however much it costs.

then of course, our aftercare service. where you speak to the same team who build your system. obviously our phone lines are there as a paid option, but most calls are answered in less than 30 seconds and most issues are resolved in less than three minutes.

we have webnotes and a customer service section on the forums too which mean free, manned support, in some cases, outside of working hours too!

add to this a 14 day money back guarantee and a two year collect and return to base warranty on all systems, it seems that you do get quite a lot for your money.

Caporegime
tbh unless its a specilized water cooled rig or somethnig realy fancy just do it yourself takes about 1-2 hrs max even if you dont rush

most places near me charge max 30 quid !

my latest rig took 45 minutes to assemble .

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
how long do you test pre built non overclocked systems for?

even non overclocked systems endure full stress testing. our return rates are low for a reason. extensive stress testing means that a system doesnt fail in the hands of a customer.

by not testing systems for a standard amount of time across the board, it leaves us open to increased returns, influx of additional customer support etc etc

the knock on effect of a poorly configured system is huge so we take every step to ensure the protocol we have in place accounts for this and avoids it.

If a customer receives their new system and it works flawlessly and they dont have to contact us about it, then that is the second best thing that can happen.

the first best of course being that they receive their system and call up to thank us :)

noj

noj

Associate
I guess its all a bit relative.

I got the OC guys to build mine as I was worried I'd screw it up and break something. I'm just not confident in my ability to build a machine.

Getting OC to build it meant I also got the warranty which was most definately worth it. I had a couple of issues and had to send the machine back for a new CPU cooler all done under warranty and no issues. When the MB lost its overclock settings I could (and did) call them up and they helped fix that....its just invaluable stuff for a nervous enthusiast like me!

For me the additional cost of getting the machine built was well worth it. The piece of mind i've got from knowing I didnt screw it up is great.

Only downside is my machine is now just about a year old and about to go out of warranty...I'm on my own now :D

Back
Top Bottom